Not traveling in Q4? Neither are we.
Don’t worry. We are going to bring the Summit Rockton experience to you. All of it. Swag, happy hour, songs, and of course the infamous Alicia demos. Trust us, you will NOT want to miss this.
Join in the fun
We are bummed about not being at Summit in-person. We will miss seeing your faces and sharing in many memory-making moments. But, we are determined to make the most of the last 3 months of 2020, in true Rockton fashion.
What do we have up our sleeves?
- Famous Rockton swag delivered right to your doorstep
- Virtual get-together – Yes, we plan to make sure you have some happy hour gear
- We are bringing the information and education to your fingertips – and we may have a few fellow ISVs join us too
And that’s just some of what we have in store. We can’t give it all away.
We know you are getting bombarded with emails, webinars, and feel like you are not only trapped in your house but trapped by the computer.
So, each month:
- we have something new in-store
- there’s a new theme
- is a chance for you to participate, engage, and be a part of it all
Join in the fun and the opportunity for us to treat you to some fun gifts and pampering.
What are you waiting for? Come take a Rockton Staycation with us.
We hope you’ll join us for this exclusive event for GP customers and partners.
Don’t miss out on this fun way to end the year! Learn more and sign-up here.
The GP Optimizer magazine is here!
We’re excited to share the solutions that Rockton Software and many of our partners can provide. As with our Summer 2019 edition, we decided to group the articles around one cohesive theme. This edition is all about Customers, Community, and Collaborate.
Our contributing ISVs have definitely gone above and beyond in providing creative content around these three important words. Because without these three words we would not be where we are today. Our solutions and this magazine would not exist.
Our fellow ISVs brought some great insight into these areas.
You can read about:
- authentic customer engagement
- why company culture matters
- collaborative solutions
We are proud to continue offering this valuable resource to Dynamics GP users everywhere. We appreciate your continued support of this worthy publication and hope you enjoy it.
We are packing our virtual bags and moving to a bigger and better communications platform!
As always, you can still contact us at: email@example.com or call us at: 877.476.2586
We greatly appreciate your patience as we unpack our bags and get comfortable in our new home.
Stay tuned for more exciting news as Rockton continues to grow our business and find more ways to help make your Work Simpler & Easier ®!
The Rockton Team
Seinfeld – Sony Pictures Television
There is no party more infamous than the annual company holiday party. You never know what will happen when you mix a variety of personalities with year-end merriment, free-flowing alcohol, indulgent food, and…..axes?!?!?
As you may know, Rockton puts a premium on having an outstanding company culture. The result is that we have a spectacular team of people that really love hanging out with each other (No really, we do!) Incidentally, that spectacular team is spread across the country, so the annual Holiday party is a great opportunity to reconnect and make some memories together.
I know what you are thinking….what does this have to do with axes?!?! Hang in there, we are getting to that part!
Half of our team arrived at Denver International Airport and were immediately whisked away to meet the Colorado team at the first destination on our itinerary, Bad Axe Denver, for an afternoon of axe throwing. Nothing screams happy holidays or team-building like whipping an axe through the air and (hopefully) landing it into a piece of wood! After several rounds of practice, these newfound axe-throwing skills were put to the test with a friendly competition. Despite libations (yes, somehow an axe-throwing place has a liquor license) and about 40% of the axes bouncing off the wall, everyone left with all their limbs intact and a renewed sense of bad-ass’itude!
The 2nd Annual Rockton Family Holiday Party was off to a rather epic start!
From there we jumped into our party vans and headed to the historic district of Erie, CO for a delicious meal at Miners Tavern. We dinned on a scrumptious meal of salmon, chicken and local microbrews (Coloradans love microbrews!).
Then it was off to the home of our fearless leaders, Mark and Kelli, for treats, games, and goats. Did I mention Mark and Kelli have a hobby farm? That’s right, axe throwing AND llama snuggles all in one day! We have a team full of animal lovers, so everyone was excited to spend some time hanging out with the goats, chickens, and glorious llama. Once we reached cuteness overload we headed inside to relax with some eggnog and play some games. After a week of mysterious gift opening, we learned the identities of our Secret Santas, then we played a game of pass the parcel and dice exchange. Hilarity ensued…
When the sun rolled behind the Rocky Mountains it was time for our out-of-towners to pack up and head back to the airport. It was a memorable day and we can’t wait to see what Rockton has in store for 2020!
Until next year…
Elf – New Line Cinema Films
Rockton Software products are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. In most cases, assistance is not needed or can be provided by your partner. Simply follow the Knowledge Base article titled *Installing a Rockton Software product to install or update to the latest build. If you have questions along the way, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have limited resources, are new to Dynamics GP, or just want reassurance on what you already know, you may want the assistance of a Rockton Software resource. No matter where you are, with the use of tools like GoToMeeting, Webex, and others; we can provide excellent training and support without the time and expense of travel.
- Implementation and Training Service
We assist you in setting up the product and a few key records, plus you receive full training on the product for as many users as you need, all for one price.
- Training Only
We provide full training on the product for as many users as you need, but at a lower price than the Implementation and Training Service.
- 1-hour overview
This option, which is provided as a support case, is a 1-hour high-level overview of the product.
For more information and pricing on the Implementation and Training Service or Training Only service, contact email@example.com. To schedule a call for the 1-hour overview, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you just have a specific question on one of our products? In that case, our extensive self-service information may be beneficial. You can view Knowledge Base articles, blogs, and videos on our website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are always happy to assist you by phone or email. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
Here at Rockton we work hard to live out our mission of – Improving the lives and business success of our employees and customers by making work simple and easy.
What better way to make your work simple and easy than helping you plan your Summer by sharing the Rockton Summertime Favorites. After all, we do spend most of the year focusing on business success. I think it is time for us to help you focus on your life success, right?
Drinks to quench your thirst
- Sweet Tea – Shawn
- Lemonade or a Regular Margarita – Carmen
- Strawberry Lemonade – Sheila
- Half ice tea, half lemonade and a splash of grenadine – Michelle
- Margarita with Grand Marnie, Amaretto, ice cubes and salt – Jim
- Chelada – Sue
- Sand in Your Shorts – Mark
- Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade – Amiee
- Grilled Pineapple – Kris
- Bean Salsa/Cowboy Caviar – Jenn
- Tabbouleh – Sue
- Juicy Lucy burger – Jenn : You just need to make a trip to Minnesota to get the real deal. Try out 508 Bar or Matt’s Bar to and help decide who has the best one in the state.
- Shrimp Scampi – Mike
- Frog-eyed salad – Shawn
Favorite Summertime Pasttime
- Plant plants, primarily xeriscape, and plants to attract bees and butterflies – Kelli
- Going to the lake and midnight pontoon cruises – Alicia
- Step 1: Turn on the AC; Step 2 stay there – Jim
- Time on the boat. The more the merrier – Bryan
- Driving over Trail Ridge Road through the Rocky Mountain National Park – Shawn
- Water World – Mark
- Mommy and Me dates w/my kids – Jenn
Favorite Vacation Destination
- Lake Leelanau in Michigan – Carmen
- Europe – Kelli
- Africa – Jim
- North Carolina – Mike
- Apostle island, Northern WI on Lake Superior – Bryan
- Walt Disney World – Mark
Let’s Get Outdoors
- Valley Fair waterpark in MN – Carmen
- Camping, hiking, fishing, driving Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park – Michelle
- Teaching my boys how to clean fish so I don’t have to anymore – Alicia
- Leisurely drinking my morning coffee (no school schedule to cause me to feel rushed) – Kelli
- Kayaking – Jim and Jenn
- Fireworks on the 4th of July – Bryan
Summer Reading List
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown – Jenn
- Educated by Tara Westover – Kelli
- As many reps as possible by Jason Khalipa – Bryan
- Harry Potter series – Mike
- Nothing – it’s time for a break! – Mark
Crank up the Radio
- The Beatles – Jim
- Early 90’s country and Nelly – Alicia
- Jimmy Buffett. Tom Petty, Eric Church… everything and anything – Jenn
- Crusin’ by Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis – Kelli
- What isn’t? Here Comes the Sun, Carolina in My Mind, Armada Latina by Cyprus Hill, too much to name. Probably throw most of James Taylor’s songs in there, and jack johnson – Mike
What Summertime is to me
- Top & doors off the Jeep! – Shawn
- To me, summer is a time to get outside, recharge and spend time with family and friends. Living in the north, we are stuck indoors a lot of the winter, so I love being able to get outside,
- spend some time on the water, entertaining and cooking outside, and ending the evening on the patio near the fire pit. – Kris
- The best time of the year to make memories – Alicia
- Relaxing breezy sunny days with those I love – Mark
- Humidity – Jim
- Getting away. BBQ’s with family and friends, fireworks, boating and motorcycle rides – Bryan
- Time at the lake with family and watching my kids fish and play soccer – Jenn
- Summer is my favorite season. I love to go to the beach, hang out by the pool, and just enjoy the outdoors. – Amiee
Let’s Get Nostalgic
- Camping with friends and singing by the fire – Sheila
- My favorite summer memory is going to the family lake cabin and having fun with all of my cousins. We spent many summers together and those memories are something I’ll always cherish. – Kris
- Fishing with my Grandpa when I was little and learning how to make and rig up fishing lures with my dad. – Alicia
- Bike downhill in a rainstorm from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland – Kelli
- Seeing Paul McCartney play Piedmont Park for $100 – Jim
- Easy, giving birth to my son on the 4th of July. Watching our first fireworks from the hospital room together – Bryan
- Tubing behind a boat with friends – Mark
- Putting a talent show together with the neighborhood kids – Amiee
Well, there you have it. A jump-start on planning a successful Summer. Cheers to many memory making moments spent doing what excites, nourishes and fills you with those who mean the most.
Do you have things we should add to our list? Feel free to share them. We would love to hear from you.
Sometimes you know you need a product, but you don’t necessarily know what it is you need. Rockton Software has created great products intended to make your Work Simpler & Easier®. Many of our team members came to Rockton after several years at Microsoft. Their in-depth work with those products means they are extremely knowledgeable about how our solutions works with those platforms, can be invaluable in helping you determine solutions that meet your needs.
When you come to us looking for a solution, we ask discovery questions to determine what your main issues are and what you are trying to resolve. We provide you with a personalized demo to help you understand how the product works. You will also be able to test our products in your system, so you can see it with your data. Of course, we are always available for your questions.
We also have information available to you online. Our website is a great resource to find information on our products. You may go to our website and click on the Product in which you are interested. From there, you can see information about the product, pricing, and a video. For even more information, check out the following:
You might also find us at different Microsoft conferences in a booth showing our products. We love to talk about the trends that we are seeing, and how we are constantly improving and updating our products to make sure that you have the best experience possible. It’s information that we learn from our customers that helps determine new features so we invite you to visit with us and help influence our next product editions! We also attend different User Group chapter meetings where we showcase our products. This is a great way to get a closer look at what we have to offer and chat with us about the solutions you need.
If you currently have one of our products but still find you have some pain points, give us a call. Your pain point may be something we have heard before and already have a solution or suggestion.
What Does DRM Have That GP Doesn’t?
By Rhonda Sutliff
While GP offers many reports, there are limitations to where and how you can print them, and they need to be the GP created reports. Dynamics Report Manager (DRM) offers you flexibility that GP doesn’t. With DRM you can print most any report, from almost anywhere, at any time. This makes working with reports simpler & easier®!
Variety of Reports
You can get most of the reports you need within GP; however, with DRM you can launch your report from almost anywhere in GP, including 3rd party products and integrating dictionaries. You could print SSRS, Crystal Reports, and others from the windows of your choice. You can even replace the existing Report Writer report with a different type of report. DRM allows you to launch reports from a variety of sources and programs, including:
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Management Reporter
- Report Writer
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Any Dexterity-based third-party program
Variety of Launch Points
We don’t limit you to just windows. You can print from a Floating Palette, Shortcut Bar, Home Page, or even schedule a launch to print reports when you want, even if you are away from the office. With a scheduled launch, you determine if the report should be an hourly, daily, or monthly report. You also determine where you want the reports to print. This is helpful for large reports that may tie up a printer or resources. Scheduling a report to print overnight will free up that printer and resources for others to use.
Using DRM, reports can be sent to the screen, printer, or save to a file such as .pdf or Word. You can also email your reports. You have the ability to email reports in GP as well, but not just any report from any window. DRM gives you this flexibility using our Batch Report feature. For example, with the click of a button, you can email all Crystal Report invoices in a batch to the appropriate customer. What a time saver!
Easy to Manage
Another great feature in DRM that you won’t find in GP is the Dynamics Report Manager Explorer window. This is a centralized window that will display the existing reports you print using DRM, regardless of report type or module. You can see all reports in one window and easily print multiple reports from this window. You can sort, configure, and group reports together for easy printing and viewing. This makes reporting more manageable.
If you have any questions on DRM or need more information, please contact email@example.com.
You Get What You Pay For…And Then Some | January 2019
By Kris Berger
Price is important when you want or need to buy something. Whether it’s a new vehicle, a bobble-head of your favorite character, or add on products for Microsoft Dynamics GP, you want the best deal for a quality product.
Rockton Software strives to make our product prices competitive and fair, yet attainable for your business. We don’t hide our prices and we don’t have hidden costs that will surprise you after the purchase. You can see our prices on our website under the Dynamics GP Solutions page. Select the appropriate Product and click Learn More.
Rockton’s pricing for the Microsoft Dynamics GP products is based on the GP Full Users registered in your system. Limited Users are not part of that count. We base our price on the user count as we believe the Return On Investment is beneficial for your entire organization. For additional information, check out the blog The Birds, the Bees, and Product Pricing.
You will also pay an Annual Maintenance Agreement (AMA) of 20% of the current product price. The AMA is required for the first year. By continuing to keep your AMA current, you will have access to unlimited support, enhancements and upgrades to keep your Rockton Software products running smoothly year after year – even if you change GP versions!
Pricing example including Annual Maintenance Agreement (AMA) pricing:
- You have 10 full system GP users and the product you are purchasing is $270/users.
- $2,700.00 USD is the current list price for 10 users at $270/user for the current product price
- $540.00 USD is 20% of current list price so this is the AMA price
That is a great deal!
Most customers reach out to our support team 3-5 times per year, with larger companies contacting us quite a bit more. Consider the price of a typical support case is $250 or more per case. In the example above, after two cases, your Annual Maintenance Agreement has almost paid for itself in support alone. In addition to unlimited support through our team, you also have access to self-support information, reg keys for upgrades, and much more.
If the User Count pricing doesn’t work for you, we also offer subscription pricing. This offers even more flexibility on a pricing solution that works for you. You’ll have the option to pay monthly, rather than a larger, upfront capital expense.
When looking at the price of a product, look beyond the sticker and the time-saving features you’re going to receive. What other value does the price brings to your business?
In addition to the outstanding product you purchased from Rockton Software, you’re going to have the added value from:
- Excellent support to help you along the way in setup, usability, and break/fix issues
- Large self-service system with helpful documentation, blogs, videos, etc. to resolve issues and learn more.
- A team that is continuously learning and sharing information through various sources.
- Webinars offered on a variety of topics throughout the year for the novice to the expert.
- A company that stands behind their product and takes pride in putting their name on it.
If you have any questions or need more information on your pricing options, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Rockton Software Blog about why pricing is important!
The definition of volunteer (verb | vol·un·teer) is to freely offer to do something, and while the 16 employees of Rockton Software take that definition to heart and join in volunteer activities this time of year, their involvement lasts throughout the entire year. In fact, during the semi-annual employee retreat we try to incorporate a team volunteer activity. In September we spent time at Feed My Starving Children in Minneapolis where we not only packed food, we engaged in a little friendly competition.
A few years ago, Rockton enacted a 1-1-1 rule, where 1% of our team’s time, 1% of company profits, and 1% of our product is given to charities in our communities. Employees enthusiastically jumped at the chance to engage with their chosen charity with the full support of the company. There is a wide and interesting range of nonprofits that are supported in the four communities where Rockton Software employees reside.
Bryan Page, a member of our development team, spends many hours working with Valley Water Rescue where he has held positions including diver, sonar operator, and drone pilot among others. When asked about his take on the Rockton Software 1-1-1 program his response was “I love having the 1-1-1 program, it allows us as employees the ability to go out and help in our immediate communities, as well as help in a broader reach with the software and profit payout. It makes you feel proud to be a part of a company that cares enough to see the need and wants to help where they can.”
Sue Roe, a member of our sales team, states, “Even though I wind up doing much of my volunteer time outside of working hours, and so don’t always utilize much of the 21 hours Rockton provides, it really makes a difference to me to know that those hours are available to me. Particularly with the bedside singing, I feel free to “pick up and go” if I’m needed to honor a request for song during business hours. It’s so clear to me that the company places a high value on that kind of activity. I feel supported in saying, Yes, I can commit a certain portion of my life to my passion because I know I don’t HAVE to cram it all into my off-hours. And I appreciate that it doesn’t all have to be through well-known charities.” She volunteers her time with Sandpoint Threshold Singers, which is an international group that sings at bedside, in groups of 2 – 4 singers, for people who are “nearing the threshold” of death or are ill and in need of comfort.
Other charitable involvement by Rockton team members include food related nonprofits, Multiple Sclerosis event participation, homeless shelter service, English as a second language tutoring, animal shelter work and local school service. A complete list of nonprofits, favorite stories and the reasons for employee involvement can be found HERE. It’s worth a look, maybe it can reignite a charitable passion for you!
Wishing you a happy, healthy month of December and joy for the holiday that means the most to you!
Send this to a friend