Here at Rockton we work hard to live out our mission of – Improving the lives and business success of our employees and customers by making work simple and easy.
What better way to make your work simple and easy than helping you plan your Summer by sharing the Rockton Summertime Favorites. After all, we do spend most of the year focusing on business success. I think it is time for us to help you focus on your life success, right?
Drinks to quench your thirst
- Sweet Tea – Shawn
- Lemonade or a Regular Margarita – Carmen
- Strawberry Lemonade – Sheila
- Half ice tea, half lemonade and a splash of grenadine – Michelle
- Margarita with Grand Marnie, Amaretto, ice cubes and salt – Jim
- Chelada – Sue
- Sand in Your Shorts – Mark
- Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade – Amiee
- Grilled Pineapple – Kris
- Bean Salsa/Cowboy Caviar – Jenn
- Tabbouleh – Sue
- Juicy Lucy burger – Jenn : You just need to make a trip to Minnesota to get the real deal. Try out 508 Bar or Matt’s Bar to and help decide who has the best one in the state.
- Shrimp Scampi – Mike
- Frog-eyed salad – Shawn
Favorite Summertime Pasttime
- Plant plants, primarily xeriscape, and plants to attract bees and butterflies – Kelli
- Going to the lake and midnight pontoon cruises – Alicia
- Step 1: Turn on the AC; Step 2 stay there – Jim
- Time on the boat. The more the merrier – Bryan
- Driving over Trail Ridge Road through the Rocky Mountain National Park – Shawn
- Water World – Mark
- Mommy and Me dates w/my kids – Jenn
Favorite Vacation Destination
- Lake Leelanau in Michigan – Carmen
- Europe – Kelli
- Africa – Jim
- North Carolina – Mike
- Apostle island, Northern WI on Lake Superior – Bryan
- Walt Disney World – Mark
Let’s Get Outdoors
- Valley Fair waterpark in MN – Carmen
- Camping, hiking, fishing, driving Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park – Michelle
- Teaching my boys how to clean fish so I don’t have to anymore – Alicia
- Leisurely drinking my morning coffee (no school schedule to cause me to feel rushed) – Kelli
- Kayaking – Jim and Jenn
- Fireworks on the 4th of July – Bryan
Summer Reading List
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown – Jenn
- Educated by Tara Westover – Kelli
- As many reps as possible by Jason Khalipa – Bryan
- Harry Potter series – Mike
- Nothing – it’s time for a break! – Mark
Crank up the Radio
- The Beatles – Jim
- Early 90’s country and Nelly – Alicia
- Jimmy Buffett. Tom Petty, Eric Church… everything and anything – Jenn
- Crusin’ by Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis – Kelli
- What isn’t? Here Comes the Sun, Carolina in My Mind, Armada Latina by Cyprus Hill, too much to name. Probably throw most of James Taylor’s songs in there, and jack johnson – Mike
What Summertime is to me
- Top & doors off the Jeep! – Shawn
- To me, summer is a time to get outside, recharge and spend time with family and friends. Living in the north, we are stuck indoors a lot of the winter, so I love being able to get outside,
- spend some time on the water, entertaining and cooking outside, and ending the evening on the patio near the fire pit. – Kris
- The best time of the year to make memories – Alicia
- Relaxing breezy sunny days with those I love – Mark
- Humidity – Jim
- Getting away. BBQ’s with family and friends, fireworks, boating and motorcycle rides – Bryan
- Time at the lake with family and watching my kids fish and play soccer – Jenn
- Summer is my favorite season. I love to go to the beach, hang out by the pool, and just enjoy the outdoors. – Amiee
Let’s Get Nostalgic
- Camping with friends and singing by the fire – Sheila
- My favorite summer memory is going to the family lake cabin and having fun with all of my cousins. We spent many summers together and those memories are something I’ll always cherish. – Kris
- Fishing with my Grandpa when I was little and learning how to make and rig up fishing lures with my dad. – Alicia
- Bike downhill in a rainstorm from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland – Kelli
- Seeing Paul McCartney play Piedmont Park for $100 – Jim
- Easy, giving birth to my son on the 4th of July. Watching our first fireworks from the hospital room together – Bryan
- Tubing behind a boat with friends – Mark
- Putting a talent show together with the neighborhood kids – Amiee
Well, there you have it. A jump-start on planning a successful Summer. Cheers to many memory making moments spent doing what excites, nourishes and fills you with those who mean the most.
Do you have things we should add to our list? Feel free to share them. We would love to hear from you.
Sometimes you know you need a product, but you don’t necessarily know what it is you need. Rockton Software has created great products intended to make your Work Simpler & Easier®. Many of our team members came to Rockton after several years at Microsoft. Their in-depth work with those products means they are extremely knowledgeable about how our solutions works with those platforms, can be invaluable in helping you determine solutions that meet your needs.
When you come to us looking for a solution, we ask discovery questions to determine what your main issues are and what you are trying to resolve. We provide you with a personalized demo to help you understand how the product works. You will also be able to test our products in your system, so you can see it with your data. Of course, we are always available for your questions.
We also have information available to you online. Our website is a great resource to find information on our products. You may go to our website and click on the Product in which you are interested. From there, you can see information about the product, pricing, and a video. For even more information, check out the following:
You might also find us at different Microsoft conferences in a booth showing our products. We love to talk about the trends that we are seeing, and how we are constantly improving and updating our products to make sure that you have the best experience possible. It’s information that we learn from our customers that helps determine new features so we invite you to visit with us and help influence our next product editions! We also attend different User Group chapter meetings where we showcase our products. This is a great way to get a closer look at what we have to offer and chat with us about the solutions you need.
If you currently have one of our products but still find you have some pain points, give us a call. Your pain point may be something we have heard before and already have a solution or suggestion.
What Does DRM Have That GP Doesn’t?
By Rhonda Sutliff
While GP offers many reports, there are limitations to where and how you can print them, and they need to be the GP created reports. Dynamics Report Manager (DRM) offers you flexibility that GP doesn’t. With DRM you can print most any report, from almost anywhere, at any time. This makes working with reports simpler & easier®!
Variety of Reports
You can get most of the reports you need within GP; however, with DRM you can launch your report from almost anywhere in GP, including 3rd party products and integrating dictionaries. You could print SSRS, Crystal Reports, and others from the windows of your choice. You can even replace the existing Report Writer report with a different type of report. DRM allows you to launch reports from a variety of sources and programs, including:
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Management Reporter
- Report Writer
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Any Dexterity-based third-party program
Variety of Launch Points
We don’t limit you to just windows. You can print from a Floating Palette, Shortcut Bar, Home Page, or even schedule a launch to print reports when you want, even if you are away from the office. With a scheduled launch, you determine if the report should be an hourly, daily, or monthly report. You also determine where you want the reports to print. This is helpful for large reports that may tie up a printer or resources. Scheduling a report to print overnight will free up that printer and resources for others to use.
Using DRM, reports can be sent to the screen, printer, or save to a file such as .pdf or Word. You can also email your reports. You have the ability to email reports in GP as well, but not just any report from any window. DRM gives you this flexibility using our Batch Report feature. For example, with the click of a button, you can email all Crystal Report invoices in a batch to the appropriate customer. What a time saver!
Easy to Manage
Another great feature in DRM that you won’t find in GP is the Dynamics Report Manager Explorer window. This is a centralized window that will display the existing reports you print using DRM, regardless of report type or module. You can see all reports in one window and easily print multiple reports from this window. You can sort, configure, and group reports together for easy printing and viewing. This makes reporting more manageable.
If you have any questions on DRM or need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Get What You Pay For…And Then Some | January 2019
By Kris Berger
Price is important when you want or need to buy something. Whether it’s a new vehicle, a bobble-head of your favorite character, or add on products for Microsoft Dynamics GP, you want the best deal for a quality product.
Rockton Software strives to make our product prices competitive and fair, yet attainable for your business. We don’t hide our prices and we don’t have hidden costs that will surprise you after the purchase. You can see our prices on our website under the Dynamics GP Solutions page. Select the appropriate Product and click Learn More.
Rockton’s pricing for the Microsoft Dynamics GP products is based on the GP Full Users registered in your system. Limited Users are not part of that count. We base our price on the user count as we believe the Return On Investment is beneficial for your entire organization. For additional information, check out the blog The Birds, the Bees, and Product Pricing.
You will also pay an Annual Maintenance Agreement (AMA) of 20% of the current product price. The AMA is required for the first year. By continuing to keep your AMA current, you will have access to unlimited support, enhancements and upgrades to keep your Rockton Software products running smoothly year after year – even if you change GP versions!
Pricing example including Annual Maintenance Agreement (AMA) pricing:
- You have 10 full system GP users and the product you are purchasing is $270/users.
- $2,700.00 USD is the current list price for 10 users at $270/user for the current product price
- $540.00 USD is 20% of current list price so this is the AMA price
That is a great deal!
Most customers reach out to our support team 3-5 times per year, with larger companies contacting us quite a bit more. Consider the price of a typical support case is $250 or more per case. In the example above, after two cases, your Annual Maintenance Agreement has almost paid for itself in support alone. In addition to unlimited support through our team, you also have access to self-support information, reg keys for upgrades, and much more.
If the User Count pricing doesn’t work for you, we also offer subscription pricing. This offers even more flexibility on a pricing solution that works for you. You’ll have the option to pay monthly, rather than a larger, upfront capital expense.
When looking at the price of a product, look beyond the sticker and the time-saving features you’re going to receive. What other value does the price brings to your business?
In addition to the outstanding product you purchased from Rockton Software, you’re going to have the added value from:
- Excellent support to help you along the way in setup, usability, and break/fix issues
- Large self-service system with helpful documentation, blogs, videos, etc. to resolve issues and learn more.
- A team that is continuously learning and sharing information through various sources.
- Webinars offered on a variety of topics throughout the year for the novice to the expert.
- A company that stands behind their product and takes pride in putting their name on it.
If you have any questions or need more information on your pricing options, contact email@example.com.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Rockton Software Blog about why pricing is important!
The definition of volunteer (verb | vol·un·teer) is to freely offer to do something, and while the 16 employees of Rockton Software take that definition to heart and join in volunteer activities this time of year, their involvement lasts throughout the entire year. In fact, during the semi-annual employee retreat we try to incorporate a team volunteer activity. In September we spent time at Feed My Starving Children in Minneapolis where we not only packed food, we engaged in a little friendly competition.
A few years ago, Rockton enacted a 1-1-1 rule, where 1% of our team’s time, 1% of company profits, and 1% of our product is given to charities in our communities. Employees enthusiastically jumped at the chance to engage with their chosen charity with the full support of the company. There is a wide and interesting range of nonprofits that are supported in the four communities where Rockton Software employees reside.
Bryan Page, a member of our development team, spends many hours working with Valley Water Rescue where he has held positions including diver, sonar operator, and drone pilot among others. When asked about his take on the Rockton Software 1-1-1 program his response was “I love having the 1-1-1 program, it allows us as employees the ability to go out and help in our immediate communities, as well as help in a broader reach with the software and profit payout. It makes you feel proud to be a part of a company that cares enough to see the need and wants to help where they can.”
Sue Roe, a member of our sales team, states, “Even though I wind up doing much of my volunteer time outside of working hours, and so don’t always utilize much of the 21 hours Rockton provides, it really makes a difference to me to know that those hours are available to me. Particularly with the bedside singing, I feel free to “pick up and go” if I’m needed to honor a request for song during business hours. It’s so clear to me that the company places a high value on that kind of activity. I feel supported in saying, Yes, I can commit a certain portion of my life to my passion because I know I don’t HAVE to cram it all into my off-hours. And I appreciate that it doesn’t all have to be through well-known charities.” She volunteers her time with Sandpoint Threshold Singers, which is an international group that sings at bedside, in groups of 2 – 4 singers, for people who are “nearing the threshold” of death or are ill and in need of comfort.
Other charitable involvement by Rockton team members include food related nonprofits, Multiple Sclerosis event participation, homeless shelter service, English as a second language tutoring, animal shelter work and local school service. A complete list of nonprofits, favorite stories and the reasons for employee involvement can be found HERE. It’s worth a look, maybe it can reignite a charitable passion for you!
Wishing you a happy, healthy month of December and joy for the holiday that means the most to you!
Another GPUG Summit has come and gone, and we have (mostly) recovered from the chaos and late nights. We have moved on to working through trying to implement some of the exciting suggestions from our customers! As the newest member of the Rockton Software team (that’s me, second one from the right) it was quite the experience. It was apparent that you guys go all out with displays, information, and fun. As I reflect on my impressions from GPUG Summit 2018 I realized that it was most definitely my personal “baptism by fire“…here’s why…
Rockton has sponsored this event for 12 years. That’s EVERY GPUG Summit Conference. I knew going in that this was a big deal, and there was a lot of history at these events, but I didn’t expect the number of customers who came over to say “hi”, or partners who came over to share stories of their experiences with Rockton Software. It was astounding to me that so many people raved about Rockton Software and our products. It was refreshing and only served to underscore that I’d made a good decision by joining this company.
Watching Alicia Weigel present at two partner showcases resulted in a few thousand steps as I gave out prizes to more and more people who were actively engaged in the chance to work simpler & easier®. Rockton was delighted to find out that we had the largest partner session attendance of the event! Alicia used humor to not only effectively show our products at their finest, but to also gather insight into user needs within Dynamics GP. This information will allow our developers to create product road maps that solve real time issues.
And then we have the parties. I’ve never seen such a huge array of splashy, no holds barred parties, even in college! And that’s saying something; I went to Arizona State University. The GP Power Party was held at The Park in downtown Phoenix. With partners such as Njevity, Greenshades, Nodus, Jet Reports and Integrity Data we had a packed house full of new and old friends! We were thrilled at the participation in our Pie in the Face for Charity. We were able to donate over $3000 to Taylor Dorward as he works towards a full recovery from a devastating accident this summer. Shawn and his entire family were moved to tears by your thoughtfulness and support!
In my pre-interview research I was repeatedly told that a piece of software was never REALLY finished, and that became evident as I listened to conversations between the Rockton team and our booth visitors. The challenge before me is to effectively market in a constantly evolving industry. That, and I need to take voice lessons…you guys take your karaoke seriously. Very seriously.
This fall, step away from your screens, pack up your big ideas, and head to GPUG Summit Phoenix, the most comprehensive and impressive conference of the year. As a proud Premier Sponsor, Rockton Software is excited to share this experience with you as we squeeze every last bit of functionality out of our products and get you the ROI you want—and deserve.
Why you should attend
GPUG Summit is THE go-to conference that brings industry experts, software development vendors, and everyday users together to discuss important issues, trends, product updates, customer pain points, and genuine solutions.
The value of GPUG Summit is endless! Here are a few more reasons why you should attend:
- Meet & network with your user group buddies: Nowhere else will you find more collective Dynamics GP brainpower than at GPUG Summit.
- Geek out over great content: There’s no better instructor than an actual Dynamics GP user. Receive deep-level technical training in a focused environment on Dynamics GP functions that you can utilize 365 days a year.
- Serve as a voice: Speak with vendors and Microsoft representatives so they understand your product pain points and can grow your industry with their products and future development.
- Evaluate and test solutions: Understand third party solutions and learn what they can do for your industry or organization.
How to engage with us at GPUG Summit
Before your calendar books up, be sure to schedule one of our ‘Making Dynamics GP Work Simpler & Easier’ sessions. Alicia Weigel will be presenting on Tuesday, October 16th from 2:00pm – 3:00pm and Wednesday, October 17th from 9:45am – 10:45am. And remember to stop and say hi to the rest of the Rockton crew! You can find us at booth 809!
Save 10% on registration
Save an additional 10% off your GPUG Summit registration when you use the following coupon code, exclusive to our customers: PRPRockton
So grab your PC, sunglasses and business cards and join us in Phoenix: Register now.
Send this to a friend