GP Optimizer Live is Back!
2020 has taught us a lot about our businesses, our day-to-day processes, and areas where we might need to improve. What better way to start planning for 2021 than by joining some of the most influential people in the GP channel as we discuss ways to better enhance your Microsoft Dynamics GP investment.
Your favorite GP ISVs are joining together once again to host GP Optimizer Live on February 2 & 4. This free virtual event will include 2 days of educational sessions on content around Automation, Tips & Tricks, and Strategies to enhance Dynamics GP. Whether you are new to GP or you have been running it for years, you are not going to want to miss it.
The GP Optimizer Live hosted last Summer had over 200 attendees from the GP channel. With the Winter 2021 event offering more content and sessions, the turnout is expected to be even bigger. There will be opportunities to engage with GP MVPs and learn more about GP add-on modules. And if all of that is not enough, you will also have the chance to win some awesome prizes at our virtual Happy Hour!
So why is this one different?
- New platform – which means more content, more interaction, and more breaks
- A keynote speaker to kick off the event with some inspiration
- A virtual ventriloquist – yes you read that right
- Expo and networking time
Meet Our Keynote Speaker
John Garrett, Culture Consultant on a Mission to Shatter the Stereotype
Hi, I’m John and I’m proof that CPA’s can be funny. Really funny. I know that when it comes to corporate events, getting serious results doesn’t have to be so serious. I also know that a corporate speaker should partner with you to make sure the entire event is a success, which means making the event about your organization. Not about me. And I know that’s exactly what I do.
What’s your and? John will dive into how to Unlock the Person within the Professional.
It all starts outside the office. Let’s learn more about the person behind the profession as John dives deeper into these questions:
- How well do you know your fellow team members?
- Do you create genuine connections?
2 GP MVP All-Stars
I am the Product Manager with eOne Solutions. My focus at eOne is on SmartList Builder, Extender, and SmartView. It involves everything from demos and training to testing and documentation. I also have the privilege of managing some of our internal systems. This means I get to be on the “customer” side of our products as well in designing the setups and supporting them for our team of users. I have been with eOne Solutions since December of 2012 and working with the eOne products for many years before that. I have been in the Microsoft Dynamics GP space since 1999 between my work at Microsoft and eOne Solutions. I am also a GPUG All Star award recipient.
Session Title: Help, I Need to Make SmartList Useful again!
Date & Time: Feb 2nd 1:30-2:00 EST
Session Content: Everyone has unique needs when it comes to their data and SmartList doesn’t always cut it. We will use SmartView and SmartList Builder to make your data come to life.
I have been lucky enough to have worked in almost every facet of Business Applications. Throughout my career I have spent time as an end user, a functional consultant, a technical consultant, an IT Manager, a small business owner (a VAR), and most recently as an ISV. I don’t claim to have all of the answers, but I do have a passion for both learning and helping businesses implement processes and solutions that improve their day-to-day operations.
Session Title: Stop Running SmartLists Just to Export to Excel Dang It!
Date & Time: Feb. 4th 1:30-2:00 EST
Session Content: We get it, you love SmartList and well you should. But too many of you are running SmartLists just to export them to Excel! There are so many other ways, both easier and quicker, to get your data into Excel if you need to. In some cases, you can even have the Go To’s you’ve come to love. In this session we will go over the methods available to you – the non-developer – to get your data into Excel where you want it.
Double the Trouble
Join Rockton on both days.
Feb 2nd from 12:30 – 1:00 EST – Project Accounting VS Project Cost – What you need to know
Feb 4th from 2:45 – 3:15 EST – Why you need to beef up your security
The First Virtual GP Event of 2021
You can expect to see live demos and discussions that uncover the benefits of integrated Spend Management and PunchOut, Tax Compliance, Inventory Management, Quality Control, Asset Tracking, Payment Processing solutions, and much more! New and seasoned GP users will discover ways to complement and extend Dynamics GP functionality.
Browse the sessions available and register today for GP Optimizer Live. Each day there are different tracks for you and your team to explore, including informative sessions focused on Dynamics GP and how to optimize your business processes. I know you are probably sick of virtual events by now but we promise it will be worth your while.
Rockton Software is moving to a new system effective
January 1, 2021
We’re in the midst of improving our internal and external processes and applications to make things here at Rockton work simpler & easier®. We want to make you aware of some things that will be temporarily unavailable during this transition period.
We’re moving to a new Portal for self-service, which could impact you in the following ways. As of the listed dates below, you will NO LONGER be able to do these tasks on the portal.
- Add a new customer
- Edit customer details
- Add a new contact
- Prorate a renewal
Effective December 31, 2020 at 4:00 PM MST:
- Generate a quote for additional users
- Acknowledge a renewal
- Pay a renewal, an additional user quote, a consulting invoice, or any other invoice
- Store a credit card
- View unpaid sales documents
After December 31, 2020 at 4:00 PM MST, you will need to contact sales or renewals to request a quote or to pay an invoice. You’ll still have the ability to view and email-only sales documents that were paid on or before 12/31/2020 (you can no longer view unpaid sales documents).
What’s not changing?
For the foreseeable future, you may continue to access registration keys and view customer billing history (for invoices paid prior to 1/1/2021).
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we look forward to serving you via email and phone during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 5:00 MST.
We’ll continue to keep you posted as we roll out our new and improved processes. Look for updates in our newsletters, emails, and on our website.
Over 200 people attended, but if you didn’t, don’t worry. We saved the recordings for you. Mark your calendar – our Winter event is Feb. 2 & 4.
Download this one-pager to make sure you know the ins-and-outs and select the one that’ll meet your business needs.
You can generate profitable revenue with flexible pricing and real-time demand. Whether your pricing is based on certain customers or quantities, or whether the shirt is green or blue, we got you covered.
Read how the Donor Network of Arizona uses SmartFill to save time on their searches so they can focus more on what they do best, saving lives!
Are you ready to ditch those spreadsheets and manual processes? Here is your chance to learn how.
We’ll show you:
- How to find information up to 83% faster with this quick and easy Google-style data search tool.
- Access your cloud and on-premise data from one, easy to use app.
You have options, and we’ve done the homework for you. Compare Standard and Extended Pricing, Omni Price, and RPM to see which one will work for you
This webinar sure hit home with all of the remote workers.
- Track data changes and changes in productivity too
- Make finding records across the system simple and easy
- Log out those idle users
We hope you were a part of our Rockton Staycation. We rocked the socks, masks, glasses, and couch. Check out this parody, it sure was popular with over 900 views.
If you’ve attended one or all thirteen of the last GPUG events, you know Mark took the stage with a song. We still have one more parody to end the year.
Not traveling in Q4? Neither are we.
Don’t worry. We are going to bring the Summit Rockton experience to you. All of it. Swag, happy hour, songs, and of course the infamous Alicia demos. Trust us, you will NOT want to miss this.
Join in the fun
We are bummed about not being at Summit in-person. We will miss seeing your faces and sharing in many memory-making moments. But, we are determined to make the most of the last 3 months of 2020, in true Rockton fashion.
What do we have up our sleeves?
- Famous Rockton swag delivered right to your doorstep
- Virtual get-together – Yes, we plan to make sure you have some happy hour gear
- We are bringing the information and education to your fingertips – and we may have a few fellow ISVs join us too
And that’s just some of what we have in store. We can’t give it all away.
We know you are getting bombarded with emails, webinars, and feel like you are not only trapped in your house but trapped by the computer.
So, each month:
- we have something new in-store
- there’s a new theme
- is a chance for you to participate, engage, and be a part of it all
Join in the fun and the opportunity for us to treat you to some fun gifts and pampering.
What are you waiting for? Come take a Rockton Staycation with us.
We hope you’ll join us for this exclusive event for GP customers and partners.
Don’t miss out on this fun way to end the year! Learn more and sign-up here.
The GP Optimizer magazine is here!
We’re excited to share the solutions that Rockton Software and many of our partners can provide. As with our Summer 2019 edition, we decided to group the articles around one cohesive theme. This edition is all about Customers, Community, and Collaborate.
Our contributing ISVs have definitely gone above and beyond in providing creative content around these three important words. Because without these three words we would not be where we are today. Our solutions and this magazine would not exist.
Our fellow ISVs brought some great insight into these areas.
You can read about:
- authentic customer engagement
- why company culture matters
- collaborative solutions
We are proud to continue offering this valuable resource to Dynamics GP users everywhere. We appreciate your continued support of this worthy publication and hope you enjoy it.
We are packing our virtual bags and moving to a bigger and better communications platform!
As always, you can still contact us at: email@example.com or call us at: 877.476.2586
We greatly appreciate your patience as we unpack our bags and get comfortable in our new home.
Stay tuned for more exciting news as Rockton continues to grow our business and find more ways to help make your Work Simpler & Easier ®!
The Rockton Team
Seinfeld – Sony Pictures Television
There is no party more infamous than the annual company holiday party. You never know what will happen when you mix a variety of personalities with year-end merriment, free-flowing alcohol, indulgent food, and…..axes?!?!?
As you may know, Rockton puts a premium on having an outstanding company culture. The result is that we have a spectacular team of people that really love hanging out with each other (No really, we do!) Incidentally, that spectacular team is spread across the country, so the annual Holiday party is a great opportunity to reconnect and make some memories together.
I know what you are thinking….what does this have to do with axes?!?! Hang in there, we are getting to that part!
Half of our team arrived at Denver International Airport and were immediately whisked away to meet the Colorado team at the first destination on our itinerary, Bad Axe Denver, for an afternoon of axe throwing. Nothing screams happy holidays or team-building like whipping an axe through the air and (hopefully) landing it into a piece of wood! After several rounds of practice, these newfound axe-throwing skills were put to the test with a friendly competition. Despite libations (yes, somehow an axe-throwing place has a liquor license) and about 40% of the axes bouncing off the wall, everyone left with all their limbs intact and a renewed sense of bad-ass’itude!
The 2nd Annual Rockton Family Holiday Party was off to a rather epic start!
From there we jumped into our party vans and headed to the historic district of Erie, CO for a delicious meal at Miners Tavern. We dinned on a scrumptious meal of salmon, chicken and local microbrews (Coloradans love microbrews!).
Then it was off to the home of our fearless leaders, Mark and Kelli, for treats, games, and goats. Did I mention Mark and Kelli have a hobby farm? That’s right, axe throwing AND llama snuggles all in one day! We have a team full of animal lovers, so everyone was excited to spend some time hanging out with the goats, chickens, and glorious llama. Once we reached cuteness overload we headed inside to relax with some eggnog and play some games. After a week of mysterious gift opening, we learned the identities of our Secret Santas, then we played a game of pass the parcel and dice exchange. Hilarity ensued…
When the sun rolled behind the Rocky Mountains it was time for our out-of-towners to pack up and head back to the airport. It was a memorable day and we can’t wait to see what Rockton has in store for 2020!
Until next year…
Elf – New Line Cinema Films
Rockton Software products are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. In most cases, assistance is not needed or can be provided by your partner. Simply follow the Knowledge Base article titled *Installing a Rockton Software product to install or update to the latest build. If you have questions along the way, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have limited resources, are new to Dynamics GP, or just want reassurance on what you already know, you may want the assistance of a Rockton Software resource. No matter where you are, with the use of tools like GoToMeeting, Webex, and others; we can provide excellent training and support without the time and expense of travel.
- Implementation and Training Service
We assist you in setting up the product and a few key records, plus you receive full training on the product for as many users as you need, all for one price.
- Training Only
We provide full training on the product for as many users as you need, but at a lower price than the Implementation and Training Service.
- 1-hour overview
This option, which is provided as a support case, is a 1-hour high-level overview of the product.
For more information and pricing on the Implementation and Training Service or Training Only service, contact email@example.com. To schedule a call for the 1-hour overview, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you just have a specific question on one of our products? In that case, our extensive self-service information may be beneficial. You can view Knowledge Base articles, blogs, and videos on our website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are always happy to assist you by phone or email. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
Here at Rockton we work hard to live out our mission of – Improving the lives and business success of our employees and customers by making work simple and easy.
What better way to make your work simple and easy than helping you plan your Summer by sharing the Rockton Summertime Favorites. After all, we do spend most of the year focusing on business success. I think it is time for us to help you focus on your life success, right?
Drinks to quench your thirst
- Sweet Tea – Shawn
- Lemonade or a Regular Margarita – Carmen
- Strawberry Lemonade – Sheila
- Half ice tea, half lemonade and a splash of grenadine – Michelle
- Margarita with Grand Marnie, Amaretto, ice cubes and salt – Jim
- Chelada – Sue
- Sand in Your Shorts – Mark
- Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade – Amiee
- Grilled Pineapple – Kris
- Bean Salsa/Cowboy Caviar – Jenn
- Tabbouleh – Sue
- Juicy Lucy burger – Jenn : You just need to make a trip to Minnesota to get the real deal. Try out 508 Bar or Matt’s Bar to and help decide who has the best one in the state.
- Shrimp Scampi – Mike
- Frog-eyed salad – Shawn
Favorite Summertime Pasttime
- Plant plants, primarily xeriscape, and plants to attract bees and butterflies – Kelli
- Going to the lake and midnight pontoon cruises – Alicia
- Step 1: Turn on the AC; Step 2 stay there – Jim
- Time on the boat. The more the merrier – Bryan
- Driving over Trail Ridge Road through the Rocky Mountain National Park – Shawn
- Water World – Mark
- Mommy and Me dates w/my kids – Jenn
Favorite Vacation Destination
- Lake Leelanau in Michigan – Carmen
- Europe – Kelli
- Africa – Jim
- North Carolina – Mike
- Apostle island, Northern WI on Lake Superior – Bryan
- Walt Disney World – Mark
Let’s Get Outdoors
- Valley Fair waterpark in MN – Carmen
- Camping, hiking, fishing, driving Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park – Michelle
- Teaching my boys how to clean fish so I don’t have to anymore – Alicia
- Leisurely drinking my morning coffee (no school schedule to cause me to feel rushed) – Kelli
- Kayaking – Jim and Jenn
- Fireworks on the 4th of July – Bryan
Summer Reading List
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown – Jenn
- Educated by Tara Westover – Kelli
- As many reps as possible by Jason Khalipa – Bryan
- Harry Potter series – Mike
- Nothing – it’s time for a break! – Mark
Crank up the Radio
- The Beatles – Jim
- Early 90’s country and Nelly – Alicia
- Jimmy Buffett. Tom Petty, Eric Church… everything and anything – Jenn
- Crusin’ by Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis – Kelli
- What isn’t? Here Comes the Sun, Carolina in My Mind, Armada Latina by Cyprus Hill, too much to name. Probably throw most of James Taylor’s songs in there, and jack johnson – Mike
What Summertime is to me
- Top & doors off the Jeep! – Shawn
- To me, summer is a time to get outside, recharge and spend time with family and friends. Living in the north, we are stuck indoors a lot of the winter, so I love being able to get outside,
- spend some time on the water, entertaining and cooking outside, and ending the evening on the patio near the fire pit. – Kris
- The best time of the year to make memories – Alicia
- Relaxing breezy sunny days with those I love – Mark
- Humidity – Jim
- Getting away. BBQ’s with family and friends, fireworks, boating and motorcycle rides – Bryan
- Time at the lake with family and watching my kids fish and play soccer – Jenn
- Summer is my favorite season. I love to go to the beach, hang out by the pool, and just enjoy the outdoors. – Amiee
Let’s Get Nostalgic
- Camping with friends and singing by the fire – Sheila
- My favorite summer memory is going to the family lake cabin and having fun with all of my cousins. We spent many summers together and those memories are something I’ll always cherish. – Kris
- Fishing with my Grandpa when I was little and learning how to make and rig up fishing lures with my dad. – Alicia
- Bike downhill in a rainstorm from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland – Kelli
- Seeing Paul McCartney play Piedmont Park for $100 – Jim
- Easy, giving birth to my son on the 4th of July. Watching our first fireworks from the hospital room together – Bryan
- Tubing behind a boat with friends – Mark
- Putting a talent show together with the neighborhood kids – Amiee
Well, there you have it. A jump-start on planning a successful Summer. Cheers to many memory making moments spent doing what excites, nourishes and fills you with those who mean the most.
Do you have things we should add to our list? Feel free to share them. We would love to hear from you.
Sometimes you know you need a product, but you don’t necessarily know what it is you need. Rockton Software has created great products intended to make your Work Simpler & Easier®. Many of our team members came to Rockton after several years at Microsoft. Their in-depth work with those products means they are extremely knowledgeable about how our solutions works with those platforms, can be invaluable in helping you determine solutions that meet your needs.
When you come to us looking for a solution, we ask discovery questions to determine what your main issues are and what you are trying to resolve. We provide you with a personalized demo to help you understand how the product works. You will also be able to test our products in your system, so you can see it with your data. Of course, we are always available for your questions.
We also have information available to you online. Our website is a great resource to find information on our products. You may go to our website and click on the Product in which you are interested. From there, you can see information about the product, pricing, and a video. For even more information, check out the following:
You might also find us at different Microsoft conferences in a booth showing our products. We love to talk about the trends that we are seeing, and how we are constantly improving and updating our products to make sure that you have the best experience possible. It’s information that we learn from our customers that helps determine new features so we invite you to visit with us and help influence our next product editions! We also attend different User Group chapter meetings where we showcase our products. This is a great way to get a closer look at what we have to offer and chat with us about the solutions you need.
If you currently have one of our products but still find you have some pain points, give us a call. Your pain point may be something we have heard before and already have a solution or suggestion.
Send this to a friend