With how Microsoft Dynamics GP currently works, when you enter an entire Item Number, for example, in the Item Number field in the Item Maintenance window and tab off the field, the Make a Selection window does not open. Instead, the Item Maintenance window is populated with that Item Number’s information. However, you would like for the Make a Selection window to open since that specific value you entered for the Item Number is contained in the Item Number, Item Description, and/or Item Short Name for several other Items.
The steps here describe how to setup SmartFill for the Make a Selection window to open after entering the entire Item Number.
These are the steps to follow using the Items object as an example:
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | SmartFill | Objects.
- In the SmartFill Objects window, select the Items object, and then click the Edit Object button.
- In the SmartFill Object Maintenance Details window, click Advanced.
- Mark the checkbox for Search With Each Token and then make sure the OR radio button is selected.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Go to Cards | Inventory | Item.
- Type your full item number, a space, and then a character that is not used in any of the Item’s Object searchable fields. For example:
- The searchable fields on the sample Item’s Object are: Item Number, Item Description, and Item Short Name.
- In the current sample data of the Fabrikam company, a character that is not used in any of these fields is &.
- In Fabrikam, type 100XLG &, and then tab off the Item Number field.
- Then tab off the Item Number field for the Make a Selection window to open.