You want to force all users to change their password upon logging into GP, however, you are getting a message ‘Password Policy has not been enabled.’
The Dynamics GP Toolbox Password Policy needs to be enabled and the Expiration option must have a minimum of 1 day set.
- Open the Toolbox system settings window under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Dynamics GP Toolbox | System Settings.
- Open the Password Policy tool.
- Mark the Enable Password Policy checkbox if it is not already marked.
- On the Expiration option, set to at least 1 day. (Do not set to zero as this will cause the password to never expire, which disables the forcing of Users to change their password feature in the User Setup window.)
- Click OK to save changes
- Open User Setup under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | System | User.
- Enter the system password if prompted.
- On the User Setup window place your cursor in the password field.
- Click the Additional menu and select Force all to change password.
- Click Yes on the prompt message to force users to change their password.
- Close the User Setup window.
- Log out of GP for changes to take effect.
The next time Users log into Microsoft Dynamics GP, they will be prompted to change their password.