How do I add a new item to an existing contract?
The simplest way would be to add the item using the GP Item Maintenance window. Then opening the contract you want to add the item to, and add it.
An alternative way is to add the item using the GP Item Maintenance window and then creating a new contract in Omni Price. Then importing that item into existing contracts. You might choose this method if you were adding the new item to several contracts.
Here are the steps for taking a 4 item contract and adding 1 new item to it.
- Export the 4 item contract and remember the name of it
- In the Omni Price contract window, create a new contract
- Add 1 new item using the Item Maintenance window
- Save the new 1 item contract and name it something different than the previous contract with the 4 items on it.
- Close out of the Omni Price contract window
- Open the Omni Price contract window
- Open the contract with the 4 items on it
- Click the Import button and choose the 1 item contract from the list of contracts on the import window
- Check the box in front of the 1 item
- Click Import button
- Choose selected(s) line and filter(s) only. If you choose Entire contract, it will overwrite the 4 item contract.
- On the Report Destination screen check the Screen checkbox
- Review the report then close it
- Click OK on the 1 item contract
- Look for your new item listed with the pre-existing items.