When installing SQL Server, at the Component Selection screen, the Reporting Services checkbox is disabled so that it cannot be selected.
- Cancel the SQL Server Install.
- Go into Add/Remove Programs – Windows Components and make sure Internet Information Services is checked (installed).
- If not installed, go ahead and install it. (You may need the Operating System CD for some of the files required to install IIS). If it is installed, move to step 4.
- Right-click My Computer and click Manage.
- Expand Services and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Services list.
- Make sure the World Wide Web Service is started. If it is not started, right-click the service and click Start.