The following error message or a similar one appears when trying to enter part of an existing or new account number in the Account field of the Account Maintenance window:
Rockton SmartFill error Unknown Identifier ‘Account Number’. occurred in script GetForeignAccountFieldValue.
An old SmartFill Object and/or Repository record exists in SmartFill.
For example with this error, in the Repository Maintenance window, you will find a record with an Account Number field that should no longer be Account Number. The Accounts Object might have two records for the GL_Account_Maintenance Form where one record has Account Number for the Field with an ERROR:4 for the Comment and the other record has Account Number CS for the Field.
Here is the resolution for the specific error message above.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | SmartFill | Repository.
- Select ALL for the Product.
- Select Accounts for the Object.
- Enter gl_account (for example) in the Search field and tab off.
- Scroll down to the GL_Account_Maintenance Form / Window line.
- If you see two lines for the GL_Account_Maintenance Form / Window where one has a Field of Account Number and the other has a Field of Account Number CS, select the line with the Field of Account Number and then click the Delete button.
- If you see one line for the GL_Account_Maintenance Form / Window that has a Field of Account Number, select it, and then click the Modify button. In the Modify Repository Record window change the Field from Account Number to Account Number CS, and then click OK.
- In the Repository Maintenance window, click OK.
You can apply this same logic to a similar error. If you have any questions, contact Rockton Software Support through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.