This article provides information on Rounding Rules in Rockton Pricing Management (RPM), including the options available and how to set them up.
Rounding Rules allow you to assign rounding options for prices. When applied to a Price Calculation or Price Schedule, the price is rounded to the value specified within the rule. This allows you to apply a rule to always round in a certain direction or specify an amount in which to round. You could end in a specific amount or a multiple of a number.
To create a new Rounding Rule, follow the steps below:
- Log into RPM.
- Under the Pricing menu, click Rounding Rules.
- Click Add New.
- Enter a descriptive Rounding Rule Name.
- In the Rounding Direction Option field, select one of the following.
- From the Rounding To Option drop-down, select Ends In or Multiples Of
- Lastly, enter the Amount in which to round in the Rounding Amount field.
For example, you may want round down to the nearest multiple of .05.
Or round up to the nearest .99.
For more information on setting up Rounding Rules, see the following KBs.
Set up a Rounding Rule Using Round Down and Ends In Options
Set up a Rounding Rule Using Round to Nearest and Ends In Options
Set up a Rounding Rule Using Round Down and Multiple Of Options