Rockton Software and Greenshades have come together to share their compliance tips-n-tricks and what you need to know in regards to the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act.
Auditor is a simple (yet robust) data-change management tool. While fraud prevention is the most common reason Auditor provides outstanding value for Microsoft Dynamics GP, the personal and customized fit offers the flexibility of tracking data changes for many reasons.
Here are 7 ways you may want to be in the know when it comes to tracking changes.
- Easily track when a new employee is added to the system.
- Keep track of important personal information such as a name change.
- Track changes across the entire system (even other 3rd party products like Greenshades).
- Audit silently in the background or have an employee tell you why they are making the change.
- Set up e-sign approval on a particular field like sensitive information such as a social security number.
- Get reports for all of your Payroll changes within Dynamics GP with a standard SmartList.
- Track pay codes assigned to employees such as Caregiver and Quarantine and salary and hourly.
Greenshades wants to keep you in the know with all the changes to pay codes, remote employees, as well as Federal and State changes in particular to the I-9 and W-4.
Here are 4 tips to be aware of as we focus on the new FFCRA (Families First Coronavirus Relief Act).
Tip 1 – Create at least 3 new codes to track: Two pay codes setup for both Caregiver and Quarantine; then one for salary and one for hourly.
Tip 2 – With everyone now working virtually, you may have new remote locations, which can create further tax implications. Make sure you set up and manage local tax rates. Also, set up a streamlined approval to review, update, and add the local tax rates now.
Tip 3 -Now is the time to make the appropriate updates to wage-based unemployment as well as social security.
Tip 4 – Make sure you are current with the 2020 HR and Compliance updates. There are quite a few Federal I-9 changes and this year has the largest number of changes to the W-4 (this includes both Federal and State).
These can include:
- Changes in conjunction with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Changes designed to make withholding more accurate.
- Simplifying withholding for those with multiple jobs and two-earner families.
Greenshades and Rockton provide a valuable pairing of tools, especially with the unique circumstances of tracking all the new changes involved with FFCRA.
To get a more in-depth look at all of these changes and tools please check out our recorded webinar.
About Rockton Software
Work Simpler & Easier® isn’t just a catchy motto. It’s a lifestyle.
Rockton Software is a virtual company with employees in seven states and its headquarters in Erie, Colorado. Serving over 100,000 users worldwide, Rockton Software supports innovation by offering Microsoft Dynamics add-ons for all industries. Whether you’re in need of auditing, pricing, searching, reporting, or general user enhancements, we’ve got the solution for you!
Passionate professionals. Game-changing solutions.
Greenshades Software delivers an independent, field-proven platform centered around proactive compliance, automated tax calculations and robust employee engagement. With 4,000+ clients, an average client tenure of 11+ years, and some of the highest net promoter scores in the industry, Greenshades can transform your payroll and HR obstacles into business-enhancing opportunities. https://www.greenshades.com/