This great feature, built into Microsoft Dynamics GP, lets you create quick links to outside information. Add a link to a customer’s website or to a document in SharePoint. You create links directly from the main GP record, so there’s no need to navigate away from GP to access them.
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Company | Company and click on the Internet User Defined button to name the labels of your Internet User Defined Fields.
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Company | Custom Link.
- Click New to add a new link.
- Select the Prompt you would like to access the link from.
- Enter a label in the Custom Link Label field.
- Select the address where you would like to add a link.
- Select the Internet User Defined field you created in step 1 in the Address Field.
- Navigate to the main record you would like to add a link to. NOTE: This is what was selected in step #4.
- Click on the Internet Information Icon to the right of the Address ID field.
- Populate the user defined field(s) you created.
Now anytime you are in a window where you have access to the record ID, you can hover over it and access the link you just created.