Summertime is here and when the work day is done, you can expect to find our crew relaxing with our families and friends. Just like you, we love to unplug and unwind, enjoying warm summer nights and action-packed weekends! As you relax by the pool this summer, our team wanted to provide a few of their favorite summer reads. And for those who are more inclined to front porch sitting, ice cream cone licking, and PBR sipping, we’ve got a few recommendations for you as well!
From books about the importance of making your bed, to thrilling novels turned binge-worthy Netflix series, this list encompasses it all. On our team, you’ll find individuals from all walks of life, and in this list of books there’s surely something that will pique your interest. Whether young or old, a soccer mom or dad, an aspiring leader, a leader looking to grow, an empty nester, a mountain climbing adventurer, or a NASCAR super fan, the fact is: reading a book has no prerequisites. Pick something you’ll enjoy and dive in.
And for those of you who would rather spend a summer evening cruising on a pontoon boat with friends or lounging on the back porch surrounded by your fur-children, we think that’s just fine too! In fact our team loves to do this as well, especially when enjoying an ice cold beverage or perhaps a sweet treat. Here’s our top picks for ice cream while we’re at it: Mint Chocolate Chip, Ben & Jerry’s Everything but the…, Haagen-Daz Chocolate Ice Cream, and a DQ Crunch Cone.
Top 25 Rockton Reads for Summer 2017
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton
- Ready Player One: A Novel by Ernest Cline
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daring Greatly : How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown
- Eats, Shoots, and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss
- Essentialism :The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg Mckeown
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Hands Free Life – 9 Habits of Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More by Rachel Macy Stafford
- How To Behave and Why by Munro Leaf
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by William H. McRaven
- Rising Strong : How the ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- Start with Why: How Great Leader Inspire Everyone To Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying by Nina Riggs
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
So now you know what we’re reading… what about you? We’d love to hear what you’d recommend for our team to read this summer. Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to spread the joy of reading!