Many things have changed over the years. The cell phone has evolved from a singular calling device to a do pretty much everything but walk your dog device. Coffee has gone from the coffee pot to the elaborate coffee run – non-fat, extra whip, light ice, mocha frappucino anyone?
And just like those everyday essentials, ERP systems and software solutions have also made strategic evolutions as well. When’s the last time you used a CD to install software?
The same holds true for pricing and revenue management. Once upon a time, we acquired a product called Omni Price, which plenty of our customers still use today. You can set up pricing contracts by customer, item, date, or unique criteria, and use filters to simplify lookups, updates, tracking, and exports but it was just for one ERP, Dynamics GP.
It’s such a great tool so why not spread the love to other ERP systems and provide more robust functionality? So, we took on the challenge of pricing and revenue management and that’s when we developed Rockton Pricing Management.
It works with:
- Dynamics GP
A More Robust Pricing and Revenue Management Solution
One of the main reasons for this new product was customer feedback and feature requests. We’re all about helping the customer and making their work simpler & easier®. That has been our motto for over 20 years.
Unfortunately, we couldn’t create many of the requests we had received within the existing code of the product. We thought, why not design something totally new to meet the needs of our customers? So, we did.
If you haven’t already, you should check out the blogs in our pricing strategies series. You’ll learn about all the advantages and challenges pricing can have on your business.
Research, automation, and testing are important parts of an effective pricing strategy.
What Industries Would Benefit from a Pricing and Revenue Management Solution?
When it comes to pricing, every industry and business is different. However, we have found that there are some key industries that truly do benefit from it:
- Distributors (food is a big one)
Many ERPs have some type of pricing functionality built-in, and that may be all you need. But if you are in one of the above-mentioned industries, have complex pricing scenarios, many customers and/or items, or offer a wide variety of price adjustments, then you may just need something more robust.
Introducing Rockton Pricing Management
Rockton Pricing Management (RPM) is an all-in-one, flexible, multi-platform, multi-currency pricing solution. It’s the “set it and forget it” pricing solution. You simply establish any pricing scenario one time and RPM does all the calculations and hard work behind the scenes.
- Automate dynamic pricing: Set it and forget it! You simply establish any pricing scenario one time and RPM does all the calculations and hard work behind the scenes, automatically!
- Simplify your price lists: Create, organize, filter, and search all your price lists super-fast, and in a way that makes sense.
- Create date-driven pricing: Assign valid date ranges to your price lists and you will automatically get the right one—on your schedule.
- Take control of rebates, commissions, restock fees, offsets and more: Track special pricing adjustments and make sure everyone gets paid. Increase overall revenue by protecting your desired margins.
- Sync with Dynamics GP or Acumatica: Rockton provides our SQL-based and web service APIs for RPM so you can connect it to your ERP system.
- Save time and money: Create more efficient, accurate systems all in one place so you can focus on growing your business instead.
Pricing and revenue management is an ongoing process of developing, executing, and measuring prices for your customers. When you sell things, you need a strategy.
Whatever the pricing scenario is, we will try to help and show you an easier way. We are ready to take on the challenge. Email us anytime to schedule a personalized demo.