As we say goodbye to another hot, strange summer we wanted to paws and pay homage to our best friends who have helped us get through yet another COVID summer. What better day to do that than on National Dog Day. Want to make your pup feel extra special? Whip up a batch of these tasty Peanut Butter Carrot Pupcakes to show how much you appreciate the maskless kisses and daily walks outside of quarantine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (natural peanut butter with no added sugar or salt is best for dogs)*
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the peanut butter, oil, carrots, and egg until well combined. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Evenly divide the batter among the cavities of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.