Project Cost is the most fully and tightly integrated project module for Microsoft Dynamics GP, with GP requisition integration, and cash receipts processing. And we are only making it better.
What’s NEW in Project Cost??????
We have a few features you should know about to help streamline processes, gain greater visibility into projects, and track requisition workflows.
Track those Cash Receipts
- You can tag cash receipts to any project or task
- Track them in your inquiry window
- See cash receipts that have been received for a project
- Track multiple funding sources and tag to a single project
How to track:
- Turn on enable cash receipts processing in the set-up window.
- Put in a sales transaction, tag it to a customer and project and task, when a customer sends in payment they will indicate the invoice they are paying, so you can create a receipt and apply. Since the sales transaction was already tagged to a project and task you can pull down the information to see where the cost and revenue were associated.
- You can then look at the project and task on the cash receipt.
If you haven’t been doing this already, it is a good idea to inquire on your projects from the inquiry window to see the performance of your projects. You will have access to hyperlinks to drill down on more information such as details about the transaction link like PO commitments.
Greater visibility with Requisitions
- Project Cost works with GP requisitions
- Tag a project and a task for an expense
Turn on the GP workflow piece to take advantage of its full functionality.
YOU will gain greater visibility into the entire process and see when:
- Requisitions convert to a PO
- It is approved
- Vendor receives PO
- Goods are received
Reporting at your fingertips
Project Cost has a new tool to make reporting work simpler and easier® in Dynamics GP and with your projects.
- You can print reports from a single window
- You need to be logged in as anyone but SA
With this reporting tool you can pull in:
- From and to date
- A particular project
- A particular budget
All reports can be exported to excel and emailed to anyone who needs it. It also comes with a collection of out of the box reports such as Chart of Accounts.
If you are a government contractor, print out a 1034 report quickly and easily and in the correct format.
Even non-GP users can access reports, you can set up reports to be seen by everyone or certain users in the security options.
Check out this video to see it all in action!