The information here describes who needs Auditor installed on their machine.
Based on the type of audits you have defined, you may or may not need Auditor installed on your machine.
- Form Audits and Table Audits: Everyone whose actions you want to be audited need to have Auditor installed on their machine. Here is a link for the steps to install our products: Installing a Rockton Software product: First install or installing the latest build/newest version
- SQL Table Audits: Individual users do not need Auditor installed on their machines in order for these audits to take effect.
- The person who administers the Audits will need Auditor installed regardless of the type of audits you have defined.
- Definition of the Audit Types:
- Form Audits are used to track changes made on a Dynamics GP window.
- Table Audits are used when you desire to track changes made at the point that they are saved to the database.
- SQL Table Audits also track database changes, but unlike Table audits, they work in any table/database on the SQL server instance where Dynamics GP and Auditor are installed. This includes tables not related to Dynamics GP.