The information here describes how you can track which user creates a Journal Entry and which user posts a Journal Entry.
When a Journal Entry record is created, it is added to the GL10000 table. When a Journal Entry is posted for an open year, it will add a record to the GL20000. When a Journal Entry is posted for a historical year, it will add a record to the GL30000 table.
Here is an example of how to set up an Audit Group to track who creates Journal Entries in the GL1000 table and have the User Who Posted added as a Reference field for the Audit record.
1. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Auditor | Audit Groups.
2. Select a current Group ID or create a new one.
3. Click the Add | Table Audit.
4. Enter GL10000 and then double-click the Microsoft Dynamics GP Transaction Work table.
5. Mark the Track Adds checkbox.
6. Mark the Ref checkbox for the User Who Posted field.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Save.
To track who posts transactions to the GL2000 table, repeat steps 1-8 except for Step 4 enter GL20000 and double click the Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-to-Date Transaction Open table.
Some transactions might be posted directly to the GL30000 table. You can set up a Table Audit for it as well; however, remember that when you close the year, numerous records will be moved from the GL20000 to the GL30000 and an audit record will be created for each of those GL30000 additions.