You would like to be able to perform a silent install for the Rockton Software products.
While we do not have a complete silent install process, you can create a batch file that will mimic what the setup program does for each of our products except for DRM.
You will still need to manually install the first workstation so that any tables are created or updated, but this .BAT file should suffice for each additional workstation.
1. Create a generic install batch file called InstallRockton.bat.
2. Copy in the following code:
rem Parameter 1 is the path to Rockton product’s the installer folder.
rem This should be the folder that contains the Resources folder
rem and the Setup program for the product you are installing.
rem Parameter 2 is the path of the folder where Dynamics GP
rem is installed on the client machine.
rem Step 1: Copy install files
cd /D %DESTPATH%
xcopy /Y %INSTALLPATH%\Resources\*.*
rem Step 2: Register RocktonSoftware.dll
You can use this batch file to install any of our products except for DRM. As you can see in the remarks above, there are two parameters:
1. The path to the Rockton product’s installer folder
2. The path of the folder where Dynamics GP is installed on the client machine
Be sure to enclose each of these paths in double-quotes to handle any spaces that may be part of the path names.
The following is an example of how to use this batch file to install Auditor. It assumes two things:
1. The installer for Auditor 2013b5 is extracted to a folder called Updates on the F: drive.
2. You have installed Dynamics GP 2013 into the default location on your local C: drive.
call InstallRockton.bat “F:\Updates\Auditor2013b5\” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2013\”
DRM has additional steps not covered by this process.