When logging into Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP), the following message is appearing for more than a few minutes:
Microsoft Dynamics GP is initializing
With the Dynamics GP Toolbox Safe Login tool installed and enabled or with Auditor installed, this message will automatically appear until all products are initialized. It is there to prevent users from doing anything before the system is fully initialized. You need to wait for that to close, which it will do automatically. This may take some time if you have many tools enable or a lot of Audits defined. However, if it is taking longer than a few minutes to log into GP, you might be experiencing a bug (see Resolutions 1 and 2 below).
Unmark the Enable sending Usage Statistics to Rockton Software checkbox in the Rockton Software Preferences window.
- Go to Help | Rockton Software Support.
- Click Settings, and then click Rockton Software Preferences.
- Unmark Enable sending Usage Statistics to Rockton Software.
- Click OK.
- Log out of GP, and then log back into GP.
- If the time for the window appearing still seems a little longer than normal, please try Resolution 2.
Change Security Manager Setting in Toolbox
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Dynamics GP Toolbox | System Settings | Security Manager.
- If it is enabled:
- Mark Never use Display Optimization
- Click OK
- If it is NOT enabled:
- Mark Enable Security Manager.
- Mark Never use Display Optimization.
- Unmark Enable Security Manager.
- Click OK.
Edit the UsageStatsLastReportedDate line in the Dex.ini file.
- Log out of GP.
- Find the Dex.ini file. It is located in the Data folder found in the GP code folder. The typical location is as follows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2015\Data.
- Right click on the Dex.ini file, and then click Edit.
- Find the following line: UsageStatsLastReportedDate=XX/XX/XXXX
- Replace the date you see with the following date: UsageStatsLastReportedDate=12/31/2035Note: If you do not see the UsageStatsLastReportedDate= line, add it to the Dex.ini file.
- Save your changes, and then log back into GP.