The information here describes how to install a Rockton Software product for the first time or how to upgrade to a newer build of a Rockton Software product.
- Download the correct Rockton Software product version that corresponds to the Microsoft Dynamics GP version you are currently running.
- To find the Microsoft Dynamics GP version, go to Help | About Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- To download the Rockton Software product, go to our Product Downloads page: Product Downloads.
- Note: GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 have separate product downloads.
- Then, go through the following steps to install the Rockton Software product or the newest build of it.
- Have all users log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP and make a complete restorable backup.
- In the folder you downloaded the Rockton Software product in, find and right-click on the setup.exe file, for example SmartFillSetup.exe, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Install the files to the correct Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. Here is a screenshot of the typical path for the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 code folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2015.
- Right-click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then choose Run as Administrator.
- Choose Yes to Include new code.
- Log in as sa.
- On the first install, go through the Installation Wizard, which will automatically open.
- Finish going through the install on all workstations that have Microsoft Dynamics GP installed.
- If you need Registration Keys, please check out this Knowledge Base article: Registration Keys.
- If you are having Registration Key issues, please reach out to Sales@RocktonSoftware.com.
- If you receive a message that a newer build is available after installing the latest build and logging back into Microsoft Dynamics GP, see Knowledge Base article: The Install/Upgrade Wizard window continues to appear when users log into Dynamics GP.
How To Video: