The information here describes how to install a Rockton Software product for the first time or how to upgrade to a newer build of a Rockton Software product.
- Download the correct Rockton Software product version that corresponds to the Microsoft Dynamics GP version you are currently running.
- To find the Microsoft Dynamics GP version, go to Help | About Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- To download the Rockton Software product, go to our Product Downloads page: Product Downloads.
- Note: GP 2013 and GP 2013 R2 have separate product downloads.
- Have all users log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP and make a complete restorable backup.
- If this is an upgrade from GP2018 (any build) to GP 2018.2, find the Rockton Software Product dictionary file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP Code folder and delete it. The typical path to the code folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018. For example, if upgrading SmartFill, the file to delete would be SmartFill.dic.
- Unzip the folder that you downloaded in step one above.
- Locate the setup.exe file in your downloaded folder, right-click, and then choose Run as Administrator. For example if you are installing SmartFill, the file name would be SmartFillSetup.exe.
- Install the files to the correct Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. Typically found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018.
- Right-click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then choose Run as Administrator.
- Choose Yes to Include new code.
- Log in as sa.
- On the first install, go through the Installation Wizard, which will automatically open.
- Finish going through the install on all workstations that have Microsoft Dynamics GP installed.
- If you need Registration Keys, please check out this Knowledge Base article: Registration Keys.
- If you are having Registration Key issues, please reach out to Sales@RocktonSoftware.com.
- If you receive a message that a newer build is available after installing the latest build and logging back into Microsoft Dynamics GP, see Knowledge Base article: The Install/Upgrade Wizard window continues to appear when users log into Dynamics GP.
How To Video: