Describes how to install a Rockton Software product for the first time or how to upgrade to a newer build of a Rockton Software product.
- Download the correct Rockton Software product version based on the Microsoft Dynamics GP version you are currently running.
- To find the Microsoft Dynamics GP version, go to Help | About Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- To download the Rockton Software product, go to our Product Downloads page: Product Downloads
- Have all users log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP and make a complete restorable backup.
- If this is an upgrade from GP2018 (any build) to GP 2018.2, find the Rockton Software Product dictionary file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP Code folder and delete it. The typical path to the code folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018. For example, if upgrading SmartFill, the file to delete would be SmartFill.dic.
- Unzip the folder that you downloaded in step one above.
- Locate the setup.exe file in your downloaded folder, right-click, and then click Run as Administrator. For example if you are installing SmartFill, the file name would be SmartFillSetup.exe.
- Install the files to the correct Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. Typically found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018.
- Right-click on Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to Include new code.
- Log in as sa.
- Run through the Installation Wizard, which will automatically open.
- Finish the install on all workstations that have Microsoft Dynamics GP installed.
- If you need Registration Keys, check out this Knowledge Base article: Registration Keys.
- If you are having Registration Key issues, please reach out to Sales@RocktonSoftware.com.
- If you receive a message a newer build is available after logging into Microsoft Dynamics GP, see Knowledge Base article: The Install/Upgrade Wizard window continues to appear when users log into Dynamics GP.