The steps here describe how to setup Pay Codes in GP Payroll for salaried employees.
- Navigate to HR & Payroll | Cards | Payroll | Pay Code.
- Select an Employee ID.
- Select a Pay Code.
- In the Pay Rate field, enter the Pay Rate.
- Select Unit of Pay.
- Select Pay Period.
- In the Subject to Taxes section, mark the Taxes subject to the Pay Code.
- If needed, enter an amount to pay in advance if the employee is to receive an advance.
- Enter the federal and state tax rate for the pay if the pay type is subject to federal or state taxes, and should be calculated at a flat rate.
- Click Save.