The steps here describe how to set up E-Sign Signature in Auditor and how it works.
In this specific example, a change to the Bank Account in the Checkbook Maintenance window will need to be approved before the change can be saved. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into GP as sa or as an Auditor Administrator.
- Identify which Users you want to be E-Sign Approvers.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Auditor | System Settings
- In the Auditor System Settings window, assign the users who you want to be E-Sign Approvers and if you would like them to be notified through Message Center and/or Email.
- If you select Message Center, you will need Message Center opened in the background to be notified of an E-Sign Signature approval request.
- If you select Email, enter their Email Address.
- Set up an E-Sign Signature.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Auditor | E-Sign Signatures.
- In the E-Sign Signature Definition Maintenance window:
- Enter a Signature Name and Description.
- Select if the Reason Code should be Required, Optional, or None.
- Select a Reason and Denial Reason Group if applicable.
- Assign the approvers along with which companies and users will have access to the E-Sign Signature Assignment.
- Click Save.
- Set up an E-Sign Signature Assignment.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Auditor | E-Sign Signature Assignments.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics GP for Product and the E-Sign Signature you created in Step 2 for the Signature.
- Click the Add Assignment button.
- Select the Signature Field.
- Go to Cards | Financial | Checkbook.
- In the Checkbook Maintenance window, place your cursor in the Bank Account Field.
- In the E-Sign Assign Signature window, verify Bank Account Number is selected in Step 3 for the Field, and then click Assign.
- Select the Key Field(s).
Note: You can select whatever fields you want in the window as a reference. In this example, you will select the Checkbook ID, Description, Currency ID, and Cash Account fields.
- In the Checkbook Maintenance window, place your cursor in the Checkbook ID Field.
- In the E-Sign Assign Signature window, verify Checkbook ID is selected in Step 4 for the Field, and then click the Add button.
- Repeat the Steps 4i and 4j for the Description, Currency ID, and Cash Account fields.
- Click Finish.
- Have another User change the Bank Account and have sa approve it.
- Have another User who has access to the E-Sign Signature.
- Go to Cards | Financial | Checkbook.
- Select a Checkbook ID, change the Bank Account, and tab off the field.
- In the E-Sign Approval Needed window, enter the password for the specific Requestor User, manually enter a Reason, and then click the Approver lookup button.
- In the Approvers window, verify sa (or another approver) is appearing as Online, select sa (or another approver), and then click Select.
Note: If an Approver is at your desk, you can enter the Approver and tab off the field. Then the Approver can enter their password in the Enter Approver Password window. In this situation, your next step would be Step 5m.
- In the E-Sign Approval Needed window, click Submit.
- Go to the Microsoft Dynamics GP screen that sa is logged into.
- Once the E-Sign Pending Approval Requests window opens automatically, double-click on the item that needs to be approved.
- In the E-Sign Complete Approval window, verify the information is correct and should be changed. Note: To see the Key (reference) fields, click the Expansion button.
- Click Approve, enter sa’s password, click Approve again, and then click OK if everything is correct and the change should be approved. Note: Click Deny if the change should not be approved.
- Go to the Microsoft Dynamics GP screen that the other User is logged into.
- In the E-Sign Approval Needed window, the status in the upper right corner of the window will automatically update or you can click Redisplay, and then click OK.
- In the Checkbook Maintenance window, click Save.