The steps here explain how to Process Rebates within Rockton Pricing Management (RPM) and Dynamics GP.
Rebates are a great incentive program, but they come with manual processes. The Rebate Management (Process Rebates) function allows you to easily setup, track, and accurately pay out rebate transactions for Customers. There are numerous ways to calculate rebates using RPM, but you can also use the Process Rebates screen for commissions, royalties, monthly fees and more.
In this example, there is a computer electronics store offering a 1% rebate to customers who purchase a computer in the month of August. To accomplish this, create a Price Calculation within RPM to calculate the rebate amount. Next, assign this Price Calculation to the Price Schedule. When you create an invoice in Acumatica using that Price Schedule, RPM will automatically calculate and track the rebate amount. The “Process Rebates” function in Acumatica can then be used to facilitate the reimbursement of the calculated rebate value.
Follow the steps below to process a rebate.
Create Price Calculation
Create a Price Calculation for the 1% rebate for computer purchases.
- In RPM, expand the Pricing menu and click Price Calculations.
- Click Add New.
- Enter a Price Calculation Name such as Laptop Rebate – August
- Select the Price Mode Option for the calculation. For this example, Percent Adjustment.
- Enter the Amount or Percent based on the Price Mode selected. For this example, enter 1.0
- Do no mark Modify Unit Price since our example is to pay out the rebate to the customer later.
- From the Tracking tab, mark the Track as Extended Price Adjustments check box. If this is marked, a 1% rebate is offered for each laptop sold rather than the first one.
- Mark the Track Adjustments check box.
- Select a Debit GL Account and a Credit GL Account.
- Mark the User Can Edit check box if you want to be able to change the rebate amount after it has been calculated on a transaction.
- Click Save & Close.
Note: You can also create a Pricing Filter to assign to the Price Calculation encompassing any date ranges or Item information in which to filter the rebates.
Assign to a Price Schedule
This example assumes you have a Price Schedule already created.
- In RPM, expand the Pricing menu and click Price Schedules.
- Select the Price Schedule where you wish to assign the Price Calculation and click Edit.
- In the Price Calculations grid, select Add New.
- Highlight the Price Calculation created in the previous steps and click Select.
- Click Save & Close.
Process an Invoice in Dynamics GP
- In Dynamics GP, go to Transactions | Sales | Sales Transaction Entry.
- Enter the necessary header information.
- Enter a sales line using an Item that receives a rebate.
- Enter an Invoice Quantity of 1.
- Click Save.
- From the Additional menu, click RPM – Sales Line Details to verify the rebate adjustment appears.
- Click Actions | Post to post the transaction.
Process Rebates in Dynamics GP
- In Dynamics GP, go to Transactions | Rockton Pricing Management | Process Rebates or use the RPM shortcut.
- Enter a descriptive Rebate Batch ID and Description.
- Select the appropriate Debit / Credit Action.
- Enter or select the Account Number for the rebate calculation.
- In the Document to Create field, select a Document Type from the drop-down. In this example, it is Credit Memo.
- Enter a Document Number for the rebate. This is the document number that is used in the sub-module where it is created.
- Select a Batch ID for the transaction that is created from this process.
- Select Customer to credit.
- Click Save to save the batch.
- When you are ready to create the transaction in the sub-module, click Process.
Note: You may view the transaction that is created by clicking Yes to the message Rebate Batch was processed successfully. Do you wish to open the document created now?” or you can click the hyperlink for the Document Number from the Process Rebates window.