The steps here describe how to create a Scheduled Launch – Launch Point in Dynamics Report Manager (DRM) and where to see a running calendar of when the next time a give report will launch.
These are the steps to follow:
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics GP as a user who is set up as a DRM Administrator.
- Go to Reports | Dynamics Report Manager | Dynamics Report Manager Explorer.
- With a Report and/or a Report and Batch Report set up previously to print or email the report, click the Launch Points tab.
- Click the Add Launch Point button.
- In the Add Launch Point window, select the Enter Manually radio button, select Scheduled Launch for the Launch Point Type, and then click OK.
- In the Launch Point Maintenance window, enter a Name for the Scheduled Launch.
- In the Settings tab, select the Frequency and enter the time you want the report printed or emailed.
- In the Reports tab, click the Add Report button.
- In the Reports window, select the Report(s) or Batch Report(s) you are scheduling to be printed or emailed, and then click Select.
- In the Access tab, grant access to the specific Users and Companies you want to have access to print or email the report.
- In the Actions tab, click the Add Custom Action button to set up additional actions such as Set Parameter to Field, Launch All Reports, etc. For example, if you are scheduling just one report, select Launch Specific Report, select the report, and then click OK.
- Click Save.
- To view the running calendar of your scheduled reports, go to Reports | Dynamics Report Manager | Scheduled Report Monitor.
- DRM Report
- Verify the Ask Each Time checkbox is unmarked in the Report Maintenance window under the Destination tab.
- If the report is to be emailed, verify you have selected a File for the Destination and a Batch Report must be created for the DRM Report. The Batch Report is where you define the email information such as the To address and message of the email, and the Batch Report is the report you select on the Scheduled Launch.
- Scheduled Launch
- You can have multiple reports printed and/or sent from a Scheduled Launch.
- Scheduled Report Monitor
- The Schedule Report Monitor window will need to be open in order for the scheduled reports to print.
- You can also print reports, such as Missed reports, directly from the Scheduled Report Monitor window. Select the report and then click Print.