The steps here will describe how to change User Security for a Role in the Security Manager window.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Make a complete restorable back up and have all users exit the system.
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics GP as sa or a POWERUSER.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP I Tools | Setup | Dynamics GP Toolbox | Security Manager.
- Select the Company ID and a Filter.
- For the User ID and Role you would like to change security for, right-click in that User ID’s column on the specific Role row, and then click the appropriate security option: Yes or No.
Note: If you are not able to select Yes or No, close the Security Manager window, and then verify the User ID you are logged in as has Update Privileges.
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Dynamics GP Toolbox | System Settings.
- In the Dynamics GP Toolbox System Settings window, double click on Security Manager.
- Click the Users with Update Privileges Users button.
- In the User-Specific Tool Settings window, mark the checkbox for the appropriate User ID(s).
- Click OK.
- In the Dynamics GP Toolbox System Settings window, click OK.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Security Manager window.