When printing a Crystal Report to the Crystal Viewer, you receive the following error message:
Dynamics Report Manager Crystal Launcher needs to be uninstalled and then re-installed.
- If the Dynamics Report Manager Crystal Launcher program exists in the Programs and Features window, remove it.
- This program is called Dynamics Report Manager Crystal Launcher in the list of Programs.
- It will have an icon consisting of 4 blue dots that form a diamond shape.
- If you do not find it, then go to step 2.
- In the Programs and Features window, look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 full version. If you do not find both Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, then download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 full version from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 and install it. Note: On Windows 8 and newer, the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 full version is typically included.
- Install the Dynamics Report Manager (DRM) build components.
- Right click on the DRMSetup.exe file that came with your download of DRM and then click Run as Administrator.
- Browse to the GP Application Folder.
- Click Install.
- On the Optional Downloads window, click Crystal Report Viewer to download it, and then install it. Note: Do the same for SQL Report Viewer if you will be running SSRS reports now or in the future.
- Once you are done downloading and installing the Viewer(s), click Done.
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. The typical path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2015.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit to close the window.
- Recreate the DRM.DIC file.
- Rename or delete the DRM.DIC file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP code folder. The typical path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2015.
- Right click on Dynamics GP, and click Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to include new code and then click OK on the next pop up window that states you must log in as a User who has permissions to create tables, etc.
- Log in as sa.
- Once GP is finished initializing, you should see the DRM Installation Wizard window where you can follow the prompts to install DRM. If the DRM Installation Wizard window does not open automatically, follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Dynamics Report Manager | Dynamics Report Manager Setup.
- In the Setup tab, click Install/Upgrade Dynamics Report Manager.
- Repeat these steps on all workstations and servers where DRM is to be installed and where you will want to print reports using DRM.