You are receiving the error, “Error -2147189155: Failed to Open the Connection.”, when trying to print a Crystal report after a recent upgrade.
Crystal Report data-connectivity issues with DRM are typically related to either an incorrect DSN setup, incorrect credentials or customization.
- Ensure the report can run directly in Crystal with the DSN you plan to use in DRM, including the same username and password.
- If you cannot get the report to work in Crystal Reports directly this way, it will not work in DRM either.
- Be sure that DRM has the DSN, username, and password set up either in Global Report Defaults, OR on the report setup directly.
- Run the report using the DRM Report Explorer to ensure that it runs correctly from there.
- If you have a customization, or have set up a DRM Launch Point, run the report from the customization or Launch Point.
- Errors at this point would identify the customization ,or Launch Point as the cause.