Any business will tell you that the most important asset it has is its people. That’s what makes Rockton Rock! We work hard, we play hard and most of all we love what we do and we do it exceptionally well. We invite you to take a couple of minutes to get to know our awesome team as they give insights on a wide variety of topics.
Rockton Spotlight: Jenn
Here at Rockton Software, I could be called a Jane of all trades, master of none. Funny sidebar, did you realize the entire quote is ‘A Jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one?’ I didn’t know that, until recently when another Rocktonite enlightened me. 😊
Instead of boring you with my detailed work history, or how I’m a busy mom white-knuckling my way through the teenage years, I thought I would instead share a few random tidbits with you.
What do you love about working at Rockton?
- I love the culture and team we have built. I love how we work so hard to care for our team. I love working with a group of people who are not just passionate about customer service but live it each day. I love seeing the impact a small group of people, who deliver services and create and deliver products, can have in peoples’ business lives. Mostly, yes I know it is corny and cliché, I love my team, our adventures, and the memories we have made over the years.
How many years have you been working in the channel?
- I got started SUPER early – 20+yrs
Years with Rockton?
- I’ve been with Rockton Software for 16 years. I started at Great Plains, as an intern on the Recruiting Team then moved over into support and was a Technician on the HRP Support Team. I don’t miss Payroll Year End.
Best adulting advice:
- You don’t truly know how you will handle anything until you are actually in it/doing it.
- I have many. Pretty much anything social – time with my family/friends, time at our family cabin, traveling, hiking, and so on. I’m pretty much up for most adventures. With me, they typically turn into some crazy story. With 3 active kids, you will typically find me at a soccer field, a barn, or at a local rodeo ground. I also enjoy working out and reading.
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has ~ Margaret Mead
- Don’t try to win over the haters, you are not a jacka$$ whisperer ~ Brene Brown
What TV show you are binging?
- I’m not sure you could call it binging, but I’m re-watching Ted Lasso with my oldest (15yr), Schitt’s Creek with my middle (13yr) and This is Us with my little (11yr).
- As a family, we play 7-up-7-down (cards), Uno, Life, Clue, and Monopoly.
What books are on your nightstand/desk?
- BE 2.0 – Jim Collins
- Dare to Lead – Brene Brown
- The Power of Moments – Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- The Infinite Game – Simon Sinek
- Live Love Now: Relieve the Pressure and Find Real Connection with Our Kids – Rachel Macy Stafford
2 truths and 1 lie:
- I used to be a cosmetologist
- I have 3 siblings, 3 kids, and 6 nieces and nephews
- I have 8 tattoos
Funny memory that is unique to 2020-present?
- It took me until this week to jump on the ‘baking homemade bread during COVID’ train. I bought a sourdough starter. Let’s see how this experiment will turn out. Fingers crossed!
What is your must-have food?
- Veggies & dip and chocolate, of course.
Favorite recipe share:
Bean Dip/Cowboy Caviar:
- 1 Can corn – white & yellow
- 1 can blk beans w/lime & jalapenos
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can blk-eyed peas
Drain all the above and rinse the blk beans if you would like a milder salsa
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ½ cup oil
Mix all ingredients together and chill to blend flavors
- My dream job is to be a Beach Bum Rockstar who works for the Peace Corps
- Curiosity killed the cat – I don’t believe it for a minute. Do you know originally it was ‘care killed the cat’ and by care they meant ‘worry/sorrow,’ which I can get on board with. In my opinion, true curiosity is the Golden Ticket.