This fall, step away from your computers, pack your big ideas and head to GPUG Summit! It is back in sunny Orlando. We are proud to be a Premier Sponsor once again. Rockton Software is excited to share this experience with you. Swing by Booth 807 just to say hi or let us see how we can squeeze every bit of functionality out of our products and get you the ROI you need.
Why should you be there?
It is our 20 Year Anniversary, so we have a lot of celebrating to do. There may be some cake, a photo booth, and shhhhhh! We don’t want to give it all away.
But that’s not the only reason to go. This is the conference of the year bringing industry experts, software vendors, and everyday users together.
The value of GPUG Summit is endless! Here are a few reasons why you should attend:
- Meet & network with your user group buddies: Nowhere else will you find more collective Dynamics GP brainpower than at GPUG Summit.
- Geek out over great content: There’s no better instructor than an actual Dynamics GP user. Receive deep-level technical training in a focused environment on Dynamics GP functions that you can utilize 365 days a year.
- Serve as a voice: Speak with vendors and Microsoft representatives so they understand your product pain points and can grow your industry with their products and future development.
- Evaluate and test solutions: Understand third party solutions and learn what they can do for your industry or organization.
- You can also save 10% on your registration just by using our coupon code! This is exclusive to our customers: PRPRockton
Where will you find Rockton?
Everywhere! But here are some specifics.
Mark your calendars for one of our Making Dynamics GP Work Simpler & Easier sessions.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 11:00 -12:00
- Thursday, Oct. 17 3:00 – 4:00
Stop by our booth – 807 – to check out the newest addition to the Rockton products family.
Rockton Pricing Management is only the most flexible, powerful, multi-platform pricing solution ever available. Why? Because you know here at Rockton, we don’t do ordinary.
Schedule a one-on-one demo with us at the booth.
Thursday night we will be getting the party started with some fellow ISVs at the House of Blues in the newly renovated Disney Springs.
Drinks, music, games and more will fill this wild venue with your closest Dynamics GP friends on the top floor overlooking the stage.
Don’t forget to register and don’t forget to bring your badge. It’s just a short drive from the Gaylord Palms. We hope to see you there!
Here at Rockton we work hard to live out our mission of – Improving the lives and business success of our employees and customers by making work simple and easy.
What better way to make your work simple and easy than helping you plan your Summer by sharing the Rockton Summertime Favorites. After all, we do spend most of the year focusing on business success. I think it is time for us to help you focus on your life success, right?
Drinks to quench your thirst
- Sweet Tea – Shawn
- Lemonade or a Regular Margarita – Carmen
- Strawberry Lemonade – Sheila
- Half ice tea, half lemonade and a splash of grenadine – Michelle
- Margarita with Grand Marnie, Amaretto, ice cubes and salt – Jim
- Chelada – Sue
- Sand in Your Shorts – Mark
- Blueberry Vodka and Lemonade – Amiee
- Grilled Pineapple – Kris
- Bean Salsa/Cowboy Caviar – Jenn
- Tabbouleh – Sue
- Juicy Lucy burger – Jenn : You just need to make a trip to Minnesota to get the real deal. Try out 508 Bar or Matt’s Bar to and help decide who has the best one in the state.
- Shrimp Scampi – Mike
- Frog-eyed salad – Shawn
Favorite Summertime Pasttime
- Plant plants, primarily xeriscape, and plants to attract bees and butterflies – Kelli
- Going to the lake and midnight pontoon cruises – Alicia
- Step 1: Turn on the AC; Step 2 stay there – Jim
- Time on the boat. The more the merrier – Bryan
- Driving over Trail Ridge Road through the Rocky Mountain National Park – Shawn
- Water World – Mark
- Mommy and Me dates w/my kids – Jenn
Favorite Vacation Destination
- Lake Leelanau in Michigan – Carmen
- Europe – Kelli
- Africa – Jim
- North Carolina – Mike
- Apostle island, Northern WI on Lake Superior – Bryan
- Walt Disney World – Mark
Let’s Get Outdoors
- Valley Fair waterpark in MN – Carmen
- Camping, hiking, fishing, driving Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park – Michelle
- Teaching my boys how to clean fish so I don’t have to anymore – Alicia
- Leisurely drinking my morning coffee (no school schedule to cause me to feel rushed) – Kelli
- Kayaking – Jim and Jenn
- Fireworks on the 4th of July – Bryan
Summer Reading List
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown – Jenn
- Educated by Tara Westover – Kelli
- As many reps as possible by Jason Khalipa – Bryan
- Harry Potter series – Mike
- Nothing – it’s time for a break! – Mark
Crank up the Radio
- The Beatles – Jim
- Early 90’s country and Nelly – Alicia
- Jimmy Buffett. Tom Petty, Eric Church… everything and anything – Jenn
- Crusin’ by Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis – Kelli
- What isn’t? Here Comes the Sun, Carolina in My Mind, Armada Latina by Cyprus Hill, too much to name. Probably throw most of James Taylor’s songs in there, and jack johnson – Mike
What Summertime is to me
- Top & doors off the Jeep! – Shawn
- To me, summer is a time to get outside, recharge and spend time with family and friends. Living in the north, we are stuck indoors a lot of the winter, so I love being able to get outside,
- spend some time on the water, entertaining and cooking outside, and ending the evening on the patio near the fire pit. – Kris
- The best time of the year to make memories – Alicia
- Relaxing breezy sunny days with those I love – Mark
- Humidity – Jim
- Getting away. BBQ’s with family and friends, fireworks, boating and motorcycle rides – Bryan
- Time at the lake with family and watching my kids fish and play soccer – Jenn
- Summer is my favorite season. I love to go to the beach, hang out by the pool, and just enjoy the outdoors. – Amiee
Let’s Get Nostalgic
- Camping with friends and singing by the fire – Sheila
- My favorite summer memory is going to the family lake cabin and having fun with all of my cousins. We spent many summers together and those memories are something I’ll always cherish. – Kris
- Fishing with my Grandpa when I was little and learning how to make and rig up fishing lures with my dad. – Alicia
- Bike downhill in a rainstorm from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland – Kelli
- Seeing Paul McCartney play Piedmont Park for $100 – Jim
- Easy, giving birth to my son on the 4th of July. Watching our first fireworks from the hospital room together – Bryan
- Tubing behind a boat with friends – Mark
- Putting a talent show together with the neighborhood kids – Amiee
Well, there you have it. A jump-start on planning a successful Summer. Cheers to many memory making moments spent doing what excites, nourishes and fills you with those who mean the most.
Do you have things we should add to our list? Feel free to share them. We would love to hear from you.
It is important to get solutions that meet the needs of your industry. Manufacturers and distributors focus on the supply chain, retail and e-commerce focus on their needs around selling and shipping, non-profits need to be efficient about their operations and budget.
A question that gets asked often, does Rockton offer industry-specific solutions? We like to think of ourselves as an all-inclusive, no, ULTRA-Inclusive company that develops products that are useful to anyone who uses Dynamics GP. Our products fall into the category of one size fits all. We did our research, we figured out the best approach, and we provide tools to make your job simpler and easier.
Manage nearly every pricing situation
Do you deal with complex pricing scenarios, date-driven pricing, markdowns, or adjustments? Some of our products are quite specific. Take Omni Price, for example. We call it the magical slice-and-dice-your-price device, but you’ll probably just call it brilliant. Omni Price takes Microsoft Dynamics GP’s pricing for Invoicing and Sales Order Processing modules to a new level of easy. It’s built to work together with Dynamics GP’s standard pricing, so there is no need to turn anything on or off. You just get all kinds of extra capabilities to extend your pricing power.
Find information up to 83% faster
How much time do you waste looking up information in Microsoft Dynamics GP or even your other third-party products? You know it’s in there, but coming up with the magic combination of words, numbers, or phrases to find it can be time-consuming. Rockton SmartFill makes it easy to find the record you need. Simply type in what you know and let SmartFill give you the best results. It is your quick and easy google-style data search tool.
Fast and easy reporting!
What if you could manage and print all of your Dynamics GP reports from pretty much anywhere, to anywhere, at any time – without having to install or launch any external applications to do it? Good news: with Dynamics Report Manager (DRM), you can! Manage all your reports in one centralized location and schedule and distribute reports on your own terms.
27 Tools in ONE Convenient Package
Do you have users who stay logged in to the system for days, doing nothing? Let Dynamics GP Toolbox log them out automatically. Inactivity Timeout is just one of the 27 tools you get, s0 this Rockton product has something for everyone. Dynamics GP Toolbox, one of our most popular Dynamics GP add-ons, is packed with a ton of functionality designed to save you time, money, and frustration all while improving your Dynamics GP user experience.
Track it. Audit it. Authorize it. Report it.
What can you do when someone changes something important in Dynamics GP but no one admits to it? Rockton Auditor will track who made a change, when the change was made, what change was made, and even why a change was made. You can also track when new records are added or removed. Whether you want the added insurance to protect your data integrity, or you face compliance audits due to industry regulations or SOX legislation, Auditor has you covered.
Our products are designed to make your work simpler and easier®. If you are an avid Dynamics GP user, you probably need some Rockton in your life, no matter what your industry.
See all of these products in action. We have 2 webinars this month to showcase them all. Join us June 11 at 12:30 CST or June 26 at 10:30 CST. Of course, you can always reach out anytime for more information or a personalized demo. Contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-4-ROCKTON.
This great feature, built into Microsoft Dynamics GP, lets you create quick links to outside information. Add a link to a customer’s website or to a document in SharePoint. You create links directly from the main GP record, so there’s no need to navigate away from GP to access them.
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Company | Company and click on the Internet User Defined button to name the labels of your Internet User Defined Fields.
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Company | Custom Link.
- Click New to add a new link.
- Select the Prompt you would like to access the link from.
- Enter a label in the Custom Link Label field.
- Select the address where you would like to add a link.
- Select the Internet User Defined field you created in step 1 in the Address Field.
- Navigate to the main record you would like to add a link to. NOTE: This is what was selected in step #4.
- Click on the Internet Information Icon to the right of the Address ID field.
- Populate the user defined field(s) you created.
Now anytime you are in a window where you have access to the record ID, you can hover over it and access the link you just created.
Sometimes you know you need a product, but you don’t necessarily know what it is you need. Rockton Software has created great products intended to make your Work Simpler & Easier®. Many of our team members came to Rockton after several years at Microsoft. Their in-depth work with those products means they are extremely knowledgeable about how our solutions works with those platforms, can be invaluable in helping you determine solutions that meet your needs.
When you come to us looking for a solution, we ask discovery questions to determine what your main issues are and what you are trying to resolve. We provide you with a personalized demo to help you understand how the product works. You will also be able to test our products in your system, so you can see it with your data. Of course, we are always available for your questions.
We also have information available to you online. Our website is a great resource to find information on our products. You may go to our website and click on the Product in which you are interested. From there, you can see information about the product, pricing, and a video. For even more information, check out the following:
You might also find us at different Microsoft conferences in a booth showing our products. We love to talk about the trends that we are seeing, and how we are constantly improving and updating our products to make sure that you have the best experience possible. It’s information that we learn from our customers that helps determine new features so we invite you to visit with us and help influence our next product editions! We also attend different User Group chapter meetings where we showcase our products. This is a great way to get a closer look at what we have to offer and chat with us about the solutions you need.
If you currently have one of our products but still find you have some pain points, give us a call. Your pain point may be something we have heard before and already have a solution or suggestion.
If you know the Rockton Software team at all, you know we like to have fun at events. And Acumatica Summit 2019 was an amazing time! In true Rockton style, we thought why not make it a party? There’s nothing we love more than the chance to visit with old and new friends.
This year, the buzz was all about our Rockton Pricing Management (RPM) solution and how to put your pricing in the FAST LANE! As attendees were racing around the expo floor we made sure that they made a pit stop in Booth 270 where we showed off super cool racing jackets and gave out awesome prizes! A big congratulations to Angelo Pickard who won the Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones with noise canceling and Alexa voice control!
We also had a little fun by setting up a race track and having races both in and out of the booth. We gave away WINNER certificates, trophies and seriously cool race car pens. It was fun to see how competitive some of the attendees were!
What the heck is RPM and why will I love it?
The best way to learn about all the ways this pricing solution is the most flexible and powerful solution available is to talk to us. Acumatica attendees can attest to that!We’ve built in lots of features ERP users won’t know how they lived without – such as:
- Automated Dynamic Pricing
- Simplified Price Lists
- Date-Driven Pricing
- Rebates, Commissions, Offsets and Other Adjustments
- API Enabled (RPM actually connects to ANY ERP!)
We sure missed you at the show, but you can still learn more about RPM here or contact us to schedule a personal demo just for you and your team.We’re committed to help ERP users make pricing simpler, easier and faster.
Have you ever had to work over a weekend? Or work a few late evenings on an upgrade or an issue when other users are not in the system? This means you don’t always have access to our support team. Have no fear, other options are here! Our website is a great place to start when you’re looking for self-support. We have a large number of Knowledge Base articles on topics that range from possible error messages and ‘How To’ steps to informational documents explaining specific product features. Simply select the Product and enter something in the search field. You can also leave the search field blank to get a list of all our Knowledge Base articles. If you have suggestions or requests on a Knowledge Base article you can always let the support team know at email@example.com.
You may also find helpful information on our Blogs page. We provide in depth information on popular topics such as segregation of duties and planning your implementation. Just like the search in the Knowledge Base Articles, select your Product and enter a search topic or leave it blank to see all blogs on that topic.
Let’s not forget about Google or Bing! Your search results may not be specific to your issue or question, but they may point you in the right direction. This is especially true for error messages. Sometimes, the error message may appear to be related to a Rockton Software product, but then turns out it is not. It’s frustrating to wait for support hours only to find the issue is not related to Rockton Software. So, search around, it never hurts to look.
Want a support person available to you outside of support hours? For a reasonable fee, you can pay to have a support person on call during a specified period. Please note, this option is available as long as there is a support person available during the time you need.
So, when you are stuck at work and you can’t reach us rest assured knowing Rockton Software has provided some alternative support options to help you out.
Lastly, if your request is urgent but can wait until the next support day, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email urgent and we will respond as soon as we are able. Always feel free to contact us with support related issues at email@example.com. If you need temp keys, registration keys, or have a sales question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Winter 2019 GP Optimizer magazine is available now and we’re excited to share the solutions that Rockton Software and many of our partners can provide. As with our Summer 2018 edition, we decided to group the articles around one cohesive theme. With many holidays surrounding the due date for this issue we decided to sink in to the dream world of our Favorite Things.
Our contributors took on the challenge and sent in favorites including advanced time sheet functionalities and tracking long-term investments. Rockton went a little bit further and encouraged our team members to share not only favorite features, like Inactivity Timeout, Price Check and Custom SQL Object, but random favorites as well. Did you know that our Lead GP Developer, Jim Peliksza is a huge Beatles fan and Technical Support Engineer Dana Haessig uses Life 360 so that she has peace of mind when her family travels.
Rockton has nearly 20 years in the GP world, and we’ve had customers and partners tell us that they can’t imagine using Microsoft Dynamics GP without us. Our reputation has been built through genuine connections with our customers by delivering quality products. It’s nice to know that our products are included in the Favorite Things category for so many businesses. As evidenced in this magazine, there are a lot of ways Rockton Software and our partner ISVs are coming together to make everyone’s work life Simpler & Easier®. Send us an email or give us a call, we’d love to talk to you about our Favorite Things!
What Does DRM Have That GP Doesn’t?
By Rhonda Sutliff
While GP offers many reports, there are limitations to where and how you can print them, and they need to be the GP created reports. Dynamics Report Manager (DRM) offers you flexibility that GP doesn’t. With DRM you can print most any report, from almost anywhere, at any time. This makes working with reports simpler & easier®!
Variety of Reports
You can get most of the reports you need within GP; however, with DRM you can launch your report from almost anywhere in GP, including 3rd party products and integrating dictionaries. You could print SSRS, Crystal Reports, and others from the windows of your choice. You can even replace the existing Report Writer report with a different type of report. DRM allows you to launch reports from a variety of sources and programs, including:
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Management Reporter
- Report Writer
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Any Dexterity-based third-party program
Variety of Launch Points
We don’t limit you to just windows. You can print from a Floating Palette, Shortcut Bar, Home Page, or even schedule a launch to print reports when you want, even if you are away from the office. With a scheduled launch, you determine if the report should be an hourly, daily, or monthly report. You also determine where you want the reports to print. This is helpful for large reports that may tie up a printer or resources. Scheduling a report to print overnight will free up that printer and resources for others to use.
Using DRM, reports can be sent to the screen, printer, or save to a file such as .pdf or Word. You can also email your reports. You have the ability to email reports in GP as well, but not just any report from any window. DRM gives you this flexibility using our Batch Report feature. For example, with the click of a button, you can email all Crystal Report invoices in a batch to the appropriate customer. What a time saver!
Easy to Manage
Another great feature in DRM that you won’t find in GP is the Dynamics Report Manager Explorer window. This is a centralized window that will display the existing reports you print using DRM, regardless of report type or module. You can see all reports in one window and easily print multiple reports from this window. You can sort, configure, and group reports together for easy printing and viewing. This makes reporting more manageable.
If you have any questions on DRM or need more information, please contact email@example.com.
The definition of volunteer (verb | vol·un·teer) is to freely offer to do something, and while the 16 employees of Rockton Software take that definition to heart and join in volunteer activities this time of year, their involvement lasts throughout the entire year. In fact, during the semi-annual employee retreat we try to incorporate a team volunteer activity. In September we spent time at Feed My Starving Children in Minneapolis where we not only packed food, we engaged in a little friendly competition.
A few years ago, Rockton enacted a 1-1-1 rule, where 1% of our team’s time, 1% of company profits, and 1% of our product is given to charities in our communities. Employees enthusiastically jumped at the chance to engage with their chosen charity with the full support of the company. There is a wide and interesting range of nonprofits that are supported in the four communities where Rockton Software employees reside.
Bryan Page, a member of our development team, spends many hours working with Valley Water Rescue where he has held positions including diver, sonar operator, and drone pilot among others. When asked about his take on the Rockton Software 1-1-1 program his response was “I love having the 1-1-1 program, it allows us as employees the ability to go out and help in our immediate communities, as well as help in a broader reach with the software and profit payout. It makes you feel proud to be a part of a company that cares enough to see the need and wants to help where they can.”
Sue Roe, a member of our sales team, states, “Even though I wind up doing much of my volunteer time outside of working hours, and so don’t always utilize much of the 21 hours Rockton provides, it really makes a difference to me to know that those hours are available to me. Particularly with the bedside singing, I feel free to “pick up and go” if I’m needed to honor a request for song during business hours. It’s so clear to me that the company places a high value on that kind of activity. I feel supported in saying, Yes, I can commit a certain portion of my life to my passion because I know I don’t HAVE to cram it all into my off-hours. And I appreciate that it doesn’t all have to be through well-known charities.” She volunteers her time with Sandpoint Threshold Singers, which is an international group that sings at bedside, in groups of 2 – 4 singers, for people who are “nearing the threshold” of death or are ill and in need of comfort.
Other charitable involvement by Rockton team members include food related nonprofits, Multiple Sclerosis event participation, homeless shelter service, English as a second language tutoring, animal shelter work and local school service. A complete list of nonprofits, favorite stories and the reasons for employee involvement can be found HERE. It’s worth a look, maybe it can reignite a charitable passion for you!
Wishing you a happy, healthy month of December and joy for the holiday that means the most to you!
Send this to a friend