When you are logged into GP Web Client, you are experiencing any of the following issues with SmartFill:
- Issue 1: GP freezes when you add a new account in the Account Maintenance window.
- Issue 2: GP freezes when you add account from Payables Transaction Entry Distribution window.
- Issue 3: When trying to select a Vendor ID from the Make a Selection window, the Process Monitor window opens and stays open.
We recently identified a couple bugs with SmartFill and Web Client.
Contact Rockton Software Support asking for the SmartFill Hotfix. It is available on the following versions of SmartFill:
- 2013 R2 (Hotfix Build 12.0.1008)
- 2015 (Hotfix Build 14.0.5)
- 2015 R2 (Hotfix Build 14.0.5)
- 2016 (Hotfix Build 16.0.2)
- 2016 R2 (Hotfix Build 14.0.5)
In the email to Rockton Software Support, send a screenshot of the following windows to help us know which Hotfix you need.
- About Microsoft Dynamics GP (Help | About Microsoft Dynamics GP)
- Rockton Software Support (Help | Rockton Software Support)
Important note about installing the Hotfix:
If you install the latest build from our website and if that build is less than the build noted above for the version you are on, it will clear out the Hotfix fixes you previously installed. This means you will need to re-install the Hotfix again to resolve the bugs identified above.
If you are not able to install the Hotfix now, there are a couple of work arounds the Users can try and verify if they will work for them or not:
- Workarounds for Issue 1:
- Option 1: The User can disconnect their session from Chrome. Then log back in and choose reconnect. Then they should be able to create the account.
- Option 2: Use Internet Explorer (IE) instead of Chrome.
- Workaround for Issue 2:
- Option 1: The User can disconnect their session from IE. Then log back in and choose reconnect. Then they should be able to create the account.
- Option 2: Add the Account Number by going directly to the Account Maintenance window under the Financials series.
- Option 3: Use Chrome instead of IE.
- Workaround for Issue 3:
- The User can close the browser. Then log back into GP on the web client or desktop client, remove the locked User ID, and then finish logging into GP.