RPM R4 New Features
RPM’s R4 update provides a variety of enhancements, offering significant improvements and new features to the web application. Here’s a brief overview of each of these enhancements.
The Pricing Conditions entity enables users to create specific pricing conditions by leveraging historical sales data and prior document line details. This provides for more advanced and flexible pricing strategies. You can create more enticing pricing offers and encourage bulk pricing.
Here are a couple of examples of how this feature can be used.
- Purchase a leather sofa and get a 50% discount on a 65” TV.
- Spend $5,000 on t shirts and receive a 15% discount for the remainder of the year.
The new Attribute Mappings entity is a powerful feature that enables you to set up mappings for specific Customer, Item, or Document Attributes. These mappings allow you to associate a numerical value with a particular attribute. For example, if your pricing is based on various customer tiers, each with unique cost-plus markups, rather than creating five separate Price Calculations and Pricing Filters, you can streamline the process by using one Attribute Mapping linked to one Price Calculation.
Track Price Adjustments without GL Accounts
Previously, to see a Price Adjustment within Acumatica, you needed to mark the Track Adjustments and enter GL Accounts. Now, you can view the Price Adjustments in Acumatica without the requirement of entering GL Accounts on the Price Calculation. This makes it easier to see the adjustments that make up the unit price.
Find Dynamically Price Source Option
A new Price Source Option has been added within Price Schedules. While current functionality enables you to base the current Price Schedule from another assigned Price Schedule, this new option allows RPM to dynamically find the appropriate Price Schedule. This a great option when you have a Price Schedule for your base prices, but other Price Schedules using various filters and additional Price Calculations.
RPM now offers Catalogs. These Catalogs provide a user friendly way for organizing and storing calculated prices, making it easier to report on your pricing. You can easily share catalogs with individual customers for their specific pricing.
Simplified Quantity Breaks
Although using Quantity Breaks was already easy, we’ve further simplified the process. Now, you simply need to input the from starting quantity and its corresponding price.
Improved Pricing Scenarios
We’ve made significant improvements to Pricing Scenarios to make them more user-friendly and informative.
- Name Change: The name has been updated to Pricing Test Scenarios to help provide a clearer understanding of their purpose.
- Expected Price Schedule: This new field allows you to specify an expected Price Schedule for comparison with the actual Price Schedule returned.
- Mismatch column: The addition of a Mismatch column enhances the identification of discrepancies between the Last Unit Price and Expected Unit Price, as well as the Last Price Schedule and Expected Price Schedule.
- Execute Pricing Test Scenarios Based on Groups: You now have the option to execute Pricing Test Scenarios based on groups, streamlining the process of running multiple scenarios simultaneously.
- Execute Pricing Test Scenarios based on Multiple Lines: This feature is useful when working with Pricing Conditions. It allows you to execute Pricing Test Scenarios for multiple lines associated with the conditions. For example, you can test scenarios like “purchase an office desk and get 50% off of an office chair” and analyze the pricing for both items at the same time.
Furthermore, we’ve incorporated performance enhancements into Pricing Scenarios, enabling you to quickly process multiple Pricing Scenarios at the same time.
The Related Records entity provides information regarding records that share associations or relationships with one another. This makes the process of deleting records easier by ensuring you can clearly identify other records that may require modification or removal to enable the successful deletion of a specific record.
Improved Diagnostic Logging
The Diagnostic Log provides insight into the steps taken by RPM to determine the final price. With the addition of the Diagnostic Logging Level option in Settings, you have the flexibility to choose the level of detail you prefer to see in the log, ranging from None to Advanced.
With the latest build of RPM, you can clear out your older Diagnostic Logs. Simply specify the number of days to retain the logs, and the system will automatically remove the rest.