What is the best method to upgrade my Omni Tools application to GP 9?
Please follow these steps:
- BEFORE upgrading, we recommend that you ensure you are running on the latest build for your current version. Please check the build number on our download page (Products | Omni Tools | Downloads). If you are not running the latest build, please install it on one workstation and say “Existing” and log into each company to automatically perform any table updates needed.
- Make sure you have Registration Keys for your new version. You must notify us if any registration details (Site Name, Site Type, User Count) have changed.
- AFTER completing your Great Plains upgrade download and install the latest code for the new version from the our download page (Products | Omni Tools | Downloads). Install the chunk onto one workstation on your system and say “Existing” and log into each company as a user with DBO privileges (usually ‘sa’). This will ensure any table upgrades that might be needed will be run automatically.
- Next install on the second workstation and say “New Install”. If now running version 8.0 you just need to login into any company and run the wizard for one company only. If now running a version 7.X, you must run through the wizard logging into each company in turn. This will ensure that the menus are updated for the new Great Plains version. In version 8.0 menus are system based when in prior versions they were company based and needed to be updated in each company.
- All other workstations need the chunk installed and “Existing” selected when asked. There is no need to log in. Alternatively the dictionary from the previous workstations can be copied to the application folder.