By default, when the invoice is generated from the Billing Schedule using the “Generate Sales Document from Billing Schedule” workflow, the Document Date on the Invoice will be set to the Current Due Date field on the Billing Schedule. These steps will go through how to change the workflow so the Document Date on the Invoice will be set to the day the Invoice is generated.
The steps here will describe how to edit the “Generate Sales Document From Billing Schedule” workflow to change the Optional Override Document Date Value.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to Dynamics 365 | Sales | Settings | Processes. Open the Generate Document from Billing Schedule workflow.
- Click the Deactivate Icon and from the Process Deactivate Confirmation window, select Deactivate.
- On the Generate the Document step, click the Set Properties button to open the Set Custom Step Input Properties window.
- With your cursor in the Value field for the Optional Override Document Date, using the Form Assistant, Change the Look For Drop Down to Process under Local Values and select Execution Time. Click the Add button and OK to populate the Value field.
- Save and Close the window.
- Click the Activate button and Activate on the Process Activate Confirmation window.
- Click Close to close the Process.
The next time you generate the invoice, The Document Date should reflect the date it was created.