Explains steps to generate Sales Documents/Invoice for Active Billing Schedules only.
The steps below are for the manual process of generating a Sales Document or Invoice. If you are using automation to run the workflow, it will run against the View you selected during automation setup.
- Navigate to the Sales | Settings | Processes.
- Open the Generate from Billing Schedule workflow.
- Click the Deactivate button and then click Deactivate on the Process Deactivate Confirmation message.
- Click in the first line where it says Generate the Document.
- Click the Insert button and select Before Step.
- Click Add Step | Check Condition.
- Add a Description to the condition such as: Run only for Active Billing Schedules.
- Click If <condition> (click to configure) hyperlink.
- Select Billing Schedule Status Equals Active.
- Click Select this row and click Add Step.
- Choose Add Step | Billing Schedule | Generate Invoice from Billing Schedule.
- Enter the Description: Generate the Document for active billing Schedules.
- Next remove the previous step to Generate the Document since you created it in the condition above. Click on the Generate the Document step and click Delete this Step.
The window should look like the following:
Note: if you have modified the ‘Generate a Sales Document From Billing Schedule’ workflow to continuously generate sales documents/invoices, you may have an additional step called ‘Resolve the Billing Schedule’ at the bottom of the workflow.
- Click Save and click the Activate button and then click Activate from the Process Activate Confirmation prompt.
- Close the workflow.